Crafters Challenge Oct. 21st-Oct. 27th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So I see that some of us are making the list to see what needs done yet! Or what needs started!!!!

Here is hoping that everybody gets the list done, supplies purchased or found and the time to get at them!!!!

Happy Crafting!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone!

I have been busy getting things ready for an upcoming show. The show is less than four weeks away and I still have more new things that I want to get done. Not sure if I will have enough time. I need to work some kinks out of a hooded towel design that has an applique design. I wanted to see what it looked like once it was washed, and I didn't like the result.

Have a great week crafting! It is still warm here, so there is still outside work to be done too...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol nice to see you posting!

I was wondering if you where doing a fall show. I think it was last year that you talked about getting into a nice one?!? I could be wrong. (wouldn't admit that to Allen!)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my mini-tags and put them on my snowmen ornaments & on the penguin ornaments.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! Pooh's operation was successful! That gift is done! Trying to upload photos but ran into trouble.

Have gotten a fair ways along on the "red kite" project. :)

Used diamond shaped pieces of cardboard, quilt batting, a paint stick and hot glue to assemble the foundation of a hand held toy. Cut two pieces of diamond shaped red flannel, slightly larger than the assembled kite shape. Glued the first piece on, and am currently working on sewing the second piece on.

Then I'll make a kite "tail" from some white fabric (pillowcase from my repurpose stash) and sew that on to complete the toy.

DS will be able to hold the kite by the paint stick "handle" which I've painted dark blue. most of the paint stick is on the "inside" on the kite shape which gave stability to the cardboard.

I think he'll love it! The hard part will be waiting for Christmas to give it to him!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ can't wait to see pics of all your projects.

We did 2 more cards in class today.... a onesie & a lollipop. will try to post pics on my blog tonight.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I crafted. Finally. My dh hung the big oil drip pan/magnetic project. I made a HUGE fall scrapbook layout for it. It takes four 12x12 scrap pages across. I could fit a second row of four more pages, but decided to do a big seasonal title, a border and some other embellishments. The hope is that I will rework the backgrounds/pics etc. each season. So, at Christmas time I will take down the fall patterned papers, change the title and embellishments and try to rotate in some newer photos. It isn't finished yet; but I like the way it is coming together.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
CandySprinkles, I have been wondering where you were! Sounds like you have been doing stuff.

AJ, will be looking for pictures.

Lucie, card making sounds fun.

I am crocheting towel holders little by little. (snail crawl little)

Christmas Eve is 2 months from today!!!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
2 months. yikes. Thanks, Lana. We went on vacation to Florida for 10 days and have just been busy with the extra curriculars, etc.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay, in the final stages of the Red Kite toy! Have the pieces for the tail sewn and turned, just need to sew up the holes I left for turning and then assemble everything!