Crafters Challenge Oct. 9th-15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
:welcome: to another week ladies-----and at this end of this one it will be half way thur October!!!!!!!!

Well, with staying with my aunt and only home in the a.m. to get ready for work and the evenings alttle to get ready to go back I have did zinch. I know you are all saying well that isn't anything different. LOL!

I was up at Joanns yesterday and got material and some craft items for projects so ...... Tom. is a holiday but I have to go to take Aunt Imogene to the doctor in the a.m. so hoping to get some craft time. But my house needs attention too.

Everybody have a GREAT crafting week and lets hear what you hope to work on.

My goal if I get work time is baby items for a shower on the 23rd. Will be my first great niece.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hi everyone! Lana, I'm sure your aunt is loving having you to help her thru all of this!

I've gotten a few things completed this week for my upcoming show. I've posted them on my blog and attached the links below. I still have lots more that I would like to start and finish. The show is in 6 weeks.

Besides sewing, I've gotten a few knitting projects done too. I'll post pictures of those later in the week, I need to sew a couple of buttons on one of them. I sew during the day and knit at night while we are watching tv - got to keep my hands busy!

Penguin zipper bag

Snowman Tissue Case

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Another week that is going to be as busy if not more so than this past week was so not too sure if anything at all will get done again. But I can say that I am one proud mom tonight. Today was CNY cheer competition, last night as the girls were leaving thier final practice,hair,pizza party the coaches asked them to do them a favor and bring it all to comp. and they brought it. Lots of tears again, but tonight they were tears of joy not sorrow the girls took second place and we are on our way to regionals in two weeks. So we have had a great weekend. Varsity players won their 21st homecomeing game, Makayla's football team won thier game which puts them in 3rd place in upcomeing playoffs, and today the girls took second place.

I am putting pictures of a couple of the shirts on my blog right now with todays pictures of course

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Sewing:
[] Fllece cot blanket (to match dollie blanket already finished)
[] Dollie Blanket with yellow ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with wine ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with pink polka dot ribbon
[][][][][][][][][] Tree decorations
[][][] Finish Crayon rolls (the ones I've already cut - I now need to cut another 4!!)
[][][] Cut and sew 3 reusable shopping totes
[] Hanging pouch for DD's books beside bed
[] Hanging pocket for DD's bedhead
[] Pillowcase to match duvet cover for DD's bed
[] 2 big cushions for DD's floor
[][][][][] Cushion covers (2 are 20" and 3 are 16")
[][][][] Lavendar pouches
[][][] Stockings for DH, PIL
[] A "My first dollie"
[][][][] Dollie clothes sets
[] Handbag
[][] Christmas PJs
[] Gardening bag
[] Gardening Apron
[] "Owl" handbag
[] Satchel bag

Cross-stitch and decorative handsewing:
[/] Holly tree decoration - continue working on this
[] Candle tree decoration - will only start this once the holly is done
[] Finish gingerbread man tree decoration
[] Finish stocking tree dectoration

Knitting:
[/] Lap blanket - did a few more rows
[] Sleeveless jumper for DD

Papercraft:
[x][x][x][x][][][][] Make Cards
[][][][] Make bookmarks
[][] Make holders for garden labels

Kitchen:
[] Start limoncello
[] Oven dry tomatoes
[] Freeze french beans

I have crossed off a few more things off my list, and made some progress this weekend (not a lot, but every little helps). Things shouldn't be as manic at work this week, so I am hoping to get a lot more done at home before DH gets home at the weekend.

Last edited:

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I'm late getting in this one......
been crocheting small snowflakes for a craft show with DH's Aunt on 11/5 still need to get the big ones done ANd the pineapple ornaments AND the christmas bells (AND sewn victorian sachets for the tree if I have time)

hagd,
Tina

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I'm new to the boards and glad I found you! This week I have to finish decorating pumpkins (http://www.tipjunkie.com/pumpkin/). I'm doing #3 and #8.

I am washing and drying pinecones to make pinecone door hangers.

I have to find the panel I bought to make quilted Christmas ornaments.

It's sale weekend at JoAnn's Fabrics and I have a list of needed items for Christmas presents.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome SierraMtns!
Those pumpkins are gorgeous! I too have been collecting pinecones, just don't know what to do with them yet.