Crafter's Challenge October 16th-October 22nd, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!!!

When I went for glitter and mod podge at Hobby Lobby tonight (and I also got a piece of material), I mentioned I had rumor heard they were losing their fabric department and they were shocked and said no that they hadn't heard that. They said they were going to be redoing some stuff so some things might be marked down to make it easier to move stuff around. So will see.

Hoping to work on some sewing this week but will see.

What are your plans for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We are in Nebraska with grandchildren. I've only been doing a bit of knitting, but did teach my granddaughter to knit. She takes to it readily and seems to enjoy it. I may be helping with her Halloween fairy costume, too.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana, thanks for asking! I hadn’t got there yet, maybe this week sometime. I don’t shop there too much and I certainly do not need fabric!
Mostly a basement cleaning week for me. I’ve started in my sewing room. My destiny is ready to pick up, so I’ll drop my serger off for service. I still haven’t unpacked my other machine from servicing, the serger is in the kitchen ready to load in my car so I’m not falling over sewing machines cleaning.
I have a short list of unfinished projects but I doubt I’ll get to them this week.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby yesterday -- thought my pattern called for 500 yards of yarn; it's 500 yards of each color of yarn. Made an off-handed comment to the cashier about it being on sale? Nope, another 30% off yarn sale starts on Monday. So, I'll need to go back and get an adjustment on my receipt. Since I was there last (3 weeks ago), they've rearranged things, kind of swapped the fabrics, notions, and yarns around, and maybe added another row or two of shelves. The entire right side as you enter is almost entirely Christmas, and they're still unboxing things. Not sure where they're going to put it all.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yeah, @Lori K , the yarn is 30% off every other week! I mark it on my phone calendar! LOL I just went there with a friend after we had lunch at Panera last Thursday. I had the pumpkin/butternut squash soup in a bread bowl! Wonderful!!!!! Anyway, we walked around HL and wow .... yes, so much Christmas already. I wanted to see more FALL!

Reactions: Lana and Lori K

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
the yarn is 30% off every other week! I mark it on my phone calendar! LOL
You can tell I've not been a crafter! I have NO idea of when the various craft stores have their sales. But 30% off yarn, now that I'm using it? Yep, for sure!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I cut everything out that I could for the items that I need to make. I am short the iron on interfacing for 5 1/2. Kinda upset---when I purchased the stuff probably in July I think--the sales lady said enough was on bolt for the item. She counted by the wraps. Won't do any good but I will mention it when I go back and get more! I asked if she was sure.

Have to iron the fleece iron on on one part and the interfacing on other piece and then try one.

Hope to work on that in evenings this week.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cleaned the sewing room top to bottom. Got rid of a few things besides spiders!
Have a pile of stuff on my cutting table that I’m going to start working on:fall quilts, snowmen and some aprons to trace for patterns.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I need to finish my planter cover, and get more done on my scarf. Spent 4 hours detangling the yarn and getting it into a ball. Argh!!!! It was a mess from both ends.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I am finishing up a "shawl'n' a ball" shawl - though it took two balls to make it a good length and because of the repeating pattern I had to remove about 1/4 of each ball to have the colours match up. I think DD5's doll with be getting a matching shawl as well with the leftovers.
I'm also finishing off a sweater - one sleeve and a half to go, but the longest part of the process. The sleeves have cabling down them with instructions to add in more cable rows as I increase, but not specifically telling me at what point to add the cables (should there be a few stitches kept for sewing edge before turning it into cables? *shrug*)....so it is slow going. It also requires careful attention with no distractions - which is not easy to come by around here :) The shawls I can knit with my eyes closed/.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
All ironing is done and I made one of the baskets tonight. I have to stitch the inside where I turned it shut yet. Will probably make the other 12 and then sew the insides all at once. It is an easy pattern--just alot of ironing the seams. Really like it tho.

Teigan's fox costume I took each leg seam in over 1/2" and then also the hood.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I need to finish my planter cover, and get more done on my scarf. Spent 4 hours detangling the yarn and getting it into a ball. Argh!!!! It was a mess from both ends.
I know, de-tangling ... the worst. I have gotten several of these Skein Coats from this Etsy gal. There are all sorts of cute material prints. Here's a Christmas one. It started when DD30 gave me some and also the cute project bag that says, "Yarn in my Therapy"!!! https://www.etsy.com/listing/1102953654

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I didn't get to do much helping with the Halloween costume for Julia. We didn't have a chance to go out for fabric until the morning of the day I left.

So back home again, I'm working on a machine embroidery spider web for DD's window.