Crafters Challenge October 18th-October 24th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WOW! So much done this past week and a few of you are done with crafting for gifts! WTG!!!

I was happy to get my items done. Now just if I do pocket prayer quilts for the swap too or not. I never found the first material I purchased for them. Had it in hand last week-end! Anyhoo, went to Hobby Lobby today and got more. They don't seem to have the reproduction 30 material like I got the first time from like a dime store type of store that has a nice fabric section.

I have about 10 more boas to do at some point.

Crafting for me will be pocket prayer quilts and more boas if I do crafting this week.

Also might have to do alittle for an unicorn costume for Teigan.

What are you plans for the week??????

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Need to get back on the crafting wagon. I have a date set aside to make shower melts for Mum, DD and DFSIL so that they will be ready for Christmas. Haven't finished my list for this year yet and I am thinking of what I would like to do for next year. I have to focus and get this years list done first.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Just sat today and worked on a UFO I found while cleaning. A count down to Christmas garland. Just need to get items to fill. I have a new special project to do by Wednesday. Shouldn't take long. Just need to find the filler I need.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I need 13 pocket prayers for now and then if I make more. Anyhoo, I purchased material awhile back and like I said had it in hand last week-end---can't find it!!! Yesterday I got 2 new and the middle but forgot backing! So today ran back to Mt. Vernon for it and took samples of each from yesterday and I got into store and realized I left them in car when looking at them and my phone too. Allen was with me so he had key and was elsewhere so.... I purchased 2 more materials and if something goes wrong now---I am done with them! A very simple project but is not looking like it is in my cards to do!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finally did a bit of sock knitting... had to redo 3 times the same small area of the heel.
Don't think I'll do much crafting this week, will try to finish sock heels.

Need to start a new crochet project to use up my yarn

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Sorry about your issues, Lana. Hope it finally pulls together.

Katrina ~ The shower melts sound interesting. Have you tried them? I bought some once but wasn't sure how they were supposed to work. I'll bet the DIY ones are better than the ones I bought. Please let us know.

Jody ~ Nice to find a UFO that's so near completion! Good timing, too. Just perfect to finish up for the season. Will you keep it or gift it?

Oh my, I have so much crafting I want to do for Christmas, and I'm still working on projects I need for November (monthly pillowcases and Sonjas BD presents). Both of those are well on their way, though. I would like a
good nativity story book for Sonja (age 5) to go with the nativity pieces I'm giving her. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Plan to clean my room and organize my projects for me. My cousin is coming for a play date so I need to figure out how to shuffle a few things around so we can work with out our backs to each other.

I found some fabric I bought maybe 2 years ago. I want to make a quilt. Do you think in all this fabric I would have blenders to go with it??? No! Lol. I’ve been though everything, even the fabric earmarked for other quilts, not a thing. I won’t make a special trip out, but will add to my list.

Lana, sorry to heabout your fabric issues. Hopefully it will show up at some point.

AJ, nice recipe binder.

Dahlia, the time is flying for me. I have a list I want to finish too. Atleast november isn’t here yet.

Katrina, you’ll have to tell us about the shower melts. I wasn’t impressed with the one I bought.

JoDee, nice that you found the UFO before Christmas.

Lucy, how nice you can make socks. I have tension issues with both my crochet and knitting. I’m sure I need to practice!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have about 10 more boas to do at some point.
I need to start mine at some stage. Is there a specific pattern of youtube tutorial that you are following?

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina ~ The shower melts sound interesting. Have you tried them? I bought some once but wasn't sure how they were supposed to work. I'll bet the DIY ones are better than the ones I bought. Please let us know.
I am going to make the shower melts. Cornstarch, a little water, some essential oils are the main ingredients. I will let you all know how they go.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Jody ~ Nice to find a UFO that's so near completion! Good timing, too. Just perfect to finish up for the season. Will you keep it or gift it?
I hope to give it to my granddaughters, it is hard to share so will talk to ddil and ds about it before i offer it to them.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ The recipe binder is beautiful. You do such professional work.

I will finish the November pillowcases today and perhaps work on one or two other projects which could include:

• Knit fingerless gloves for Iris (need to knit swatch for gauge)
  • Machine embroidery table topper for friend
  • Decoupage fall candle holder
  • CCS motif for ornament for Kathy

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Well it seems a request from yDD has helped me get my mojo back. She asked if for her Christmas gift I could make her up a kit with yarn etc to make some dragons (she crochets) and if I could teach her how to knit.
To me a croche/knitting project requires a bag.
Had some fabric left over from making myself a new project bag earlier this year that I will use. Need to get some cording for it but it would’ve take long to make it.
Since I had the cutter/ruler out to cut the bag I when ahead and cut out the quilt top.
Mittens are still waiting for me to sit down and work on them.

Reactions: halimer and jampss

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody is BUSY!!! I have 3 pocket prayers done. So small!! I have had the Vick’s melts on my list a couple years but haven’t made any. Katrina, I (Allen lol) cut the pieces 9” wide by 21” long. On the fold so when undone is was 21”. Then I cut a dish towel in half and with right side of dish towel I pinned it to right side of fabric and made about 4 pleats with pins and then pinned it on fabric when doing pleats. Do both ends and turn material right sides together like a tube. I sewed start of one towel to other end start pull thru and then top stitched closes along towel top. Lady used a washcloth but I thought a towel would be fuller. Simple! I will post the link alittle later. At work and on phone.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cleaned up my sewing room. Will do a major overhaul after the first of the year. Pull fabric and supplies for my crafting day with my cousin.

was going to make a wreath with ornaments from my cousin’s that died this fall. I didn’t have enough and they were in pretty bad shape. I pulled the metal caps and hangers and fixed the broken ornaments from moms and grandmas. Not much crafting this week other than that for now.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Love hearing everyone’s crafts.

So, I made fingerless gloves ... It was a unisex pattern and I thought they would be for DD28 boyfriend. But what are your honest opinions? Do they look ‘manly’. It’s camo yarn and I was thinking Driving Gloves. But ..... now I’m not sure. 065A774F-8ADD-446A-BE6E-1AC299F1E1AC.jpeg

Reactions: luludou

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I made up a gingerbread man craft kit for dgds along with candy cane shaped ornaments to give them. I have another item to make for them and should be done with their Christmas count down mitten calendar.

Reactions: luludou and jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Love hearing everyone’s crafts.

So, I made fingerless gloves ... It was a unisex pattern and I thought they would be for DD28 boyfriend. But what are your honest opinions? Do they look ‘manly’. It’s camo yarn and I was thinking Driving Gloves. But ..... now I’m not sure. View attachment 934
I like them. I did show the fingerless gloves to my DH. He said that a man would wear a glove like that with the fingers going to the top knuckle ( from bottom of hand up-middle of finger). Of course he would make them harder to make. LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I like them. I did show the fingerless gloves to my DH. He said that a man would wear a glove like that with the fingers going to the top knuckle ( from bottom of hand up-middle of finger). Of course he would make them harder to make. LOL
Thanks for showing them to your DH! :)