Crafter's Challenge October 22th --- October 28th, 20230

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Hello Friends
Lana is without internet and asked if I would start this thread. How are you all doing in regards to getting your items done for Christmas? I just added to my list. I want to make up some simple crafts for one of our pastor's girls for a Countdown to Christmas. Hope to get it done this week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks for stepping up, Jody. Hope Lana is back with us soon.

I have a few craft Christmas projects done:

• Minky/cuddle throw for Iris
  • Woodland animals calendar for Valentin (I've ordered the actual calendar and still need to see if the board I purchased is big enough.) This will probably be his birthday gift (day after Christmas).
  • Cuckoo clock ornaments (4) for grandchildren.
  • Knit shawl for a friend (Christmas/birthday)
  • Tuck-ins for greeting cards
Others in the works:
  • Need to pick fabrics out for about 8 project bags ... one for everyone (including DSonsIL) This week's focus.
  • Minky/cuddle fabric ordered for Sonja's throw (should arrive tomorrow)
  • Christmas cards just need inside greetings/address/stamps.
  • I also have a couple Christmas decor items for myself that I'd like to get finished.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Jody for getting us started.
I would like to look for a pattern for the 4 seasons CCS that I would like to do.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Since we will be driving to FL I should have plenty of time to knit and/or crochet!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thank you Jody for starting us out!

Internet was out through out town and also some phone lines. A house burnt last Thursday early a.m. and it is next to the small phone building and guess played with the wires. The grade school was without phones this time also.

I have 2 pop up baskets to make yet. 1 I messed up. Others aren't bad but a couple the bottoms aren't the best.

Will need to find the books I purchased to make for my nephew Kayce. Numbers, colors, words. Cloth books.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Almost finished a hat I have been working on while driving.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Okay, sorry about the big picture!!!! Wasn't even sure that I could post a picture. Was trying to put it on my blog but can't seem to get signed in on it. Seems I don't know my password and not being friendly sending me code for new one.
These are what Teigan and we made for her classmates and put candy in them. Toilet paper and paper towel cardboard.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Love the candy holders!

I did a little knitting yesterday during a meeting and a little CCS during some TV watching. That's about it for yesterday.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana cute candy holders
Halimer WTG on getting some knitting in while travelling.
I’m a little jealous of those that can craft while travelling. I get very car sick if I try to.
One hat is done and another started. Also got some Christmas paper crafting done on Rudy day.
Lol, Rose, that’s me too. Lucky I can ride in the car much less trying to do something. Can’t even get up to go to the bathroom in a plane even after heavy medicating with out tossing my cookies.
My quilt is waiting on me. Just haven’t got in my room except to clean. I have a big hairy spider on the prowl in there. Need to find him so he doesn’t scare me to death.