Crafter's Challenge October 23---October 29th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wowza---another month is down!!!!!

This week (hopefully tomorrow 23rd) I will finish the other 6 baskets for the 12 Days of Christmas swap so they can go into the mail on Monday. I have the little saying that I decoupage onto canvas wrapped and the packages of quilters helpers (M&M's with a saying stapled to the end) wrapped. The bag I am doing is a free tutorial from: emmalinebags.com and it is the Scraptastic Basket and I did the large one. A fun easy sew--besides pressing all the seams. Hope they like it.

I have a black skirt I need to fix the hem.

Teigan wants to make stockings for her cats so will see.

What are you all doing this week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love emmaline bags! I buy a lot of my bag hardware from them. I’ve not made the basket, but I’m sure they will more than like it.
I bought a handful of fat quarters last week that still need washed and pressed. Will work on organizing fabric for a fall quilt this week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I like those little baskets, too. They will make such nice gifts.

I really need to bite the bullet and start quilting some placemats for DD's Christmas gift ... and embellish some sweatshirts for the grandchildren. I did one yesterday that just needs to be washed. I also want to work on finishing up some Christmas cards.

I'm thinking I should try to make January "Rudy January" again at least to work on 2023 cards and tuck-ins. Then maybe add the winter quilt that I have fabric for and/or the fall wall hanging that I have fabric for. I could also make it UFO January to focus on some UFOs ... and get some small gifts ready for grandchildren for Valentine's Day and make some Valentine's Day cards ... Oh, when I first started this paragraph, my list wasn't this long!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The sewing is done and all are wrapped. Allen will box up and mail tomorrow. Now, Ryan thinks that since the sewing machine is out that I could do his patching! Not my favorite chore. He has had it on a chair for awhile.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lucie, I didn't realize you made so many. They are beautiful and I know they took a lot of time to make your friends and family will love them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Great work, Lucie!

Yesterday I managed to get 4 of 8 placemats quilted. I decided to simplify and just did a few rows of serpentine stitch on them. I'd like to get the rest of them quilted today and sew the binding strips together.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I finished my shawl last night. Now I need to think of gifts for the girls to have ready for Christmas morning. Last year I did sweaters, but I didn't have them ready until February. I need to think a little smaller this year. :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ I truly hate mending! I hope your family appreciates it.

I have three placemats done and the remaining 5 are just waiting for me to hand sew the binding. It feels so good!

I also made a couple of laundry hamper liners to replace the ones I had. They turned out about 1/2" smaller than I would have liked so are very hard to pull over the top of the frames. I'll have to think about whether or not to try to do anything about that. They will probably be fine the way they are.