Crafters Challenge October 24th---October 30th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WELCOME!!!!

Another month is over --- almost!

I found some plastic tumblers at DT that I have been looking for to make snowman. Need to use primer and see if I can get the words covered up now.

Also got Teigan a few more kits to make up.

What are you going to be doing this week???

Hard to believe that in a month decorations will be going up!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ What kind of kits are you getting for Teigan?

I have lots of "priorities" for this week, and realistically probably won't get to them all:

• Reading pillows (at least Sonja's)
  • Fingerless mittens for Iris
  • Sonja's BD card
  • Christmas ornaments for grandchildren (4)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Some kits are from Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.

Got one from Hobby Lobby for Teigan to take to school if teacher wants kids to make. Hope I am not seeming pushy or whatever by doing that.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to get back to crafting. With the HGP and wedding being the focus over the past few weeks I am a little behind.
Really enjoy seeing what everyone is working on.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
No crafting again here. Will pretty much finish wrapping, hopeful clean the garage, and bake. Looking forward to quilting next week for sure!
Have a productive, creative and fun week everyone!

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Some kits are from Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.

Got one from Hobby Lobby for Teigan to take to school if teacher wants kids to make. Hope I am not seeming pushy or whatever by doing that.
I'm wondering what type of crafts the kits are for. I purchased some diamond dot-type ones at JoAnns. Wondering what Teigan is working on. The teacher should appreciate your input and ideas!

I'm still brainstorming the fingerless mittens. Tried some gauge swatches last night that weren't working out. Back to the drawing board. I'm going to try a different yarn today.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'm wondering what type of crafts the kits are for. I purchased some diamond dot-type ones at JoAnns. Wondering what Teigan is working on. The teacher should appreciate your input and ideas!

I'm still brainstorming the fingerless mittens. Tried some gauge swatches last night that weren't working out. Back to the drawing board. I'm going to try a different yarn today.
I like making these ....

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Grandsons pj’s are finally done.

I would also like to make myself a pr of fingerless mittens. I have a pattern for mock cable wrist warmers by Anita Grahn that I would like to try and turn into fingerless mitts. I did make them as wrist warmers for yDD and really liked how the pattern turned out.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, Jampss, but I need a knitting pattern. There are loads of patterns, just need to find the "right" one for me to be able to add the fun faux yarn. It's quite bulky, and I'm not sure about the transition. I'd like a cuff-down pattern. The pattern I really want to use calls for fingering weight yarn, but I really want to use something thicker.

Rose ~ That's a beautiful pattern.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Nope. It will not happen, the doll size nightgown is too complicated for me to mess with. It’s a really old pattern and instructions are difficult to follow. I will find a different pattern to make one. I am not going to sit there and try to figure it out when I can cut and sew a different pattern I already have. I can always cut a top from the fabric so there won’t be any waste. So Debbie I am with you, you have to know your limits.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Thanks, Jampss, but I need a knitting pattern. There are loads of patterns, just need to find the "right" one for me to be able to add the fun faux yarn. It's quite bulky, and I'm not sure about the transition. I'd like a cuff-down pattern. The pattern I really want to use calls for fingering weight yarn, but I really want to use something thicker.

Rose ~ That's a beautiful pattern.
DJ does making it in a thicker hard make it to hard to knit up the pattern? if it would affect the pattern in the cuff—just make the cuff longer(would help with keeping the cold air from going up the coat sleeve) and the pattern around could you just do one or two repeats less. When it comes to adding the fur maybe go up a needle size or two on the last row for larger stitches to knit the fur stitches into.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ I’ve been trying the mittens in different yarns and different patterns. I haven’t gotten any of my gauge swatches to knit the right size yet. I have a smaller size needle on order to try one of the patterns I like. I tried some bulky yarn yesterday with one pattern, and they were too big. That yarn would be perfect, so I might try again with smaller needles. It seems to be a complicated set of variables I’m dealing with trying to select yarn from my stash to knit up with a pattern I like, then add in the fur-factor.

Reactions: Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I went back to the Doll night gown and figured out a different way to do it. I add some trim and it’s wrapped and ready to go to Ohio.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished another crochet stocking ornament. I have made 3, 3 different sizes and colors. Have now decided how I want to make them all. 2 are too big to my liking and my white wool is too thick to make toes and heels. so they will be completely red except for the white at the top. decoratedd with wood buttons and a little tag
.248892794_413442253768880_3070596181176411518_n.jpg

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finished another crochet stocking ornament. I have made 3, 3 different sizes and colors. Have now decided how I want to make them all. 2 are too big to my liking and my white wool is too thick to make toes and heels. so they will be completely red except for the white at the top. decoratedd with wood buttons and a little tag
.View attachment 1472
Nice job Lucie. I like the one on the far right. Nice embellishments too.

Reactions: Lana and luludou