Crafters Challenge October 25th---October 31st, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Starting the thread before turning in ....

Everybody made alot of progress this week!!! So proud of you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week Jaymee and I will work on Teigans costume.

My supplies for ornaments should come and then I have the boas to make for family/friends. I will be working on those over the next few weeks.

What do you have planned this week?

Reactions: jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am working on the placemats I am making on the loom. It really takes concentration and the yarn is black and I am also tying it with black yarn. I hope to finish the first one today after wrapping the gifts I have to wrap.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jody ~ I didn't realize that you weave. I have a friend who makes beautiful woven items!

Lana ~ What is the costume? Where will she wear it?

I did get the machine embroidery "shiny gold" table topper finished for my friend. I think it turned out great; so I hope she likes it. I'll send it to her for her birthday (just before Christmas).

Myron's Mom - and anyone else who does machine embroidery - KreativeKiwi.com has some wonderful designs, some of which are free and the others quite reasonably priced. Some are designed so that you can combine the stitched out parts to make an item that is quite a bit larger than the hoop size you are working with.

I should finish up Sonja's nativity pieces this week. DH and I used a scorch marker yesterday to sign the backs of all the blocks (13 of them). Two of them got signed upside down, so we will re-do those. I can start gluing the machine embroidered figures onto the rest of them. I also want to find a box that is just the right size and embellish it for her to keep them in.

Next up, I'd probably like to finish the December pillowcases. Then I need to figure out how to finish the monthly owls and cats which will become calendar embellishments for 2021 monthly gifts for Julia and Sonja (like the pillowcases have been for 2020). I want the January ones to be ready for Christmas gifts.

And the list goes on ...

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia, thanks for the info. I don’t think I’ve ever been on their site. I’ll get them checked out :) I usually use embroidery library.

Im working on designing a Christmas quilt. I’ve got it started on paper. Looking for some free quilt block designs of a reindeer. I’ve been through my collection, of course I have nothing. Looking online I get distracted. You can find everything on Pinterest! ( I closed my account because I kept getting hacked.).

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finished my 3 Halloween treat baskets. Dgd is having a friend spend the night on Halloween - friend, dgd, and dgs can each have a basket. I'm going to make 2 pumpkins without faces for Thanksgiving treats. I started basket #1 today. (The pattern is a freebie from Herrschners.com)
20201025_154506.jpg

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My crocheting: I finished some camo fingerless gloves for DD28’s boy friend. I started a Beanie for DS17.

I have bought the yarn for DD’s tee shirt, DNiece27’s meandering paw print scarf, DH’s hat, and some friends’ fingerless mitts.

So, I will keep plugging away. :)

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Love the weaving and the baskets!

Lots of people working already!

Teigan is going to be an unicorn so not really alot of work. Put some ribbon down the back of a white shirt to look like a mane. She is wearing a JoJo tutu skirt with many colors on it and JoJo rainbow shoes. Will do some cuff like things.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finished the heels on knitted socks, that was the hardest part so if I don't have time they will be put aside for some time.
Now I plan do undo crochet shawl ... ran out of wool, will do a scarf with it instead.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jody ~ Not the kind of weaving I was envisioning. That's really pretty!

I worked on some Christmas cards today as well as a prototype for finishing the owl and cat monthly calendar motifs.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
GrammaDeb ~ Those will be great for the Halloween party! So cute.

Reactions: Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Cute baskets

Had an appointment this morning so on the way home I stopped at Michaels to grab some stuffing for the one kit I am making for Christmas and forgot to get on Saturday. They had card stock on sale so I was able to grab what I needed for making my Christmas cards next year plus get some colours that I was running out of.
i should check and see what else I may need for my crafting plans for next year and see what I can grab on sale over next few weeks.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got the easel out for painting... but now don't feel like it. Need to feel it to paint.

Will find a pattern for crochet scarf

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finished one loom placement and have the other started. Great project to do while watching Hallmark channel.:)
Got sidetracked today and made new pillow covers for 2 pillows and 2 more napkins for DD that asked for some.
I also grab an old bulletin board that was sitting in the craft room and covered it with fabric and ribbon to make it French style for hanging to display our Christmas cards. The creative juices are flowing and I just can't stop myself.

I am loving all the projects shared here and on blogs the talent here is remarkable!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes! Watching Hallmark while crafting is ... GREAT!! :D I'm working on a Meandering Paw Print scarf for DNiece27 for Christmas. I started it before finishing the beanie I started for DS17. That's how I roll ... WIPS everywhere! Ha

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Watching hallmark movies while crafting is a great idea. Just have to wait till Sunday to start watching them here. We don’t get the hallmark channel in Canada but thankfully the W network shows a lot of the hallmark movies.

Not as much crafting done this week as I have hoped. Mittens are done and I had enough yarn left over to made a knitted headband. So they along with the socks i knitted earlier are wet blocked. Treat bags are also done, filled and ready to be delivered.

Been thinking about what I want to put with the bag I made earlier this year for DD December birthday and decided to knit her a Bandana cowl. Have pattern printed off and yarn pulled out. Will start on it next week.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Watching hallmark movies while crafting is a great idea. Just have to wait till Sunday to start watching them here. We don’t get the hallmark channel in Canada but thankfully the W network shows a lot of the hallmark movies.
And yet ... Hallmark movies are filmed in Canada and have mostly Canadian actors!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Rose94 we don't get Hallmark but you can get the W channel which runs the Hallmark Christmas movies. So glad I found that channel last year.