Crafter's Challenge October 2nd----October 8th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello, My Crafty Friends!!!

All I did this week was squishes tonight with Teigan. Just balloons and whatever she decided to put in them. Shaving cream, water, baking soda, orbies some seperate and some a mixture. She liked it so that is what counts!

Will bottle honey tomorrow.

What do you have planned for the week?

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Saturday was the completion of our beginner's crochet class. I completed my pumpkin, just need to add something for the stem and a few leaves. We also started and finished a snowflake, using yarn instead of a thinner thread, since none of us would be proficient with that fine detail and miniscule hook. Because we were just learning how to do it, we used whatever yarn we had. It came out wonderfully and I am thrilled with it -- except for the color (sage green). I need to make a run to JoAnn, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby this week and get some white yarn to practice with. We are going to continue with our classes for another 5 weeks and can sign up through Christmas, if we want. AND, I need to pick a project to work on during this time. We will not be doing a group project, we'll each choose our own to work on and the instructor will be there to assist, as needed, and teach new stitches that we encounter, guide us with the pattern, etc. Hmmmmm ... what do I want to make???

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Lori K Did you know Hobby Lobby has yarn on sale for 30% off every other week?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Did you look at the crochet star stitch?
We did not, but I'll need to look it up. We did a simple 2-round snowflake with alternating tall and short spikes with picos on the tips. But a snowflake stitch looks interesting!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lori ~ Lana has a great idea to add a little sparkle to the snowflakes. This sounds like a great class!

Rose ~ Good idea to prep your fabric while you’re waiting for your machine. There’s actually a lot to quilting that does not involve a sewing machine.

This week I want to finish a CCS pendibule to give to Kathy after her surgery and hopefully finish up the gnome wall hanging. It just needs binding and hanging corners. If all goes well, I might also be able to make more progress on some placemats. And I have another idea for a machine embroidery Halloween decoration. That might need to wait till next year though.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I hope to finish at least one UFO I've been working on as we've been driving.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Christmas cards are done. Do need to come up with a cute/creative way to give money to the two oldest grandsons.

Got a little knitting in. Not getting in as much crafting as I like.
Make them a wallet or safe money keeper. Would be fun to make them duct tape wallets. Especially if it was something they would not want. Lol

Reactions: jampss

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Rose, a couple of things we have did for my older nieces and nephew was 1.) folded money the tiniest we could get it (down to about a nickel-several bills to make up the amount) and put it in a box with shredded paper. A mess because we used cereal boxes and filled them. Took them awhile. 2.) Last year we brought play money and rolled the real money up in the play money and put some play and some with the real money wrapped up into a box and they had to find the real ones.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Rose - i saw something about how you can take out the center of an orange and insert a bill, tightly rolled up so when the person peels it they find the $ inside. I did it for DS - however, instead of peeling it, he took it an cut it in half, cutting the $ in half too.

You need to guard against out of the box thinkers.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
That cardigan and poncho are going to be much loved!
Bought a little more fabric for my fall quilts. Didn’t realize one of the fabrics was glow in the dark lol.
Ordered some photo prints on quilting cotton for some quilted ornaments.