Crafters Challenge October 31st---November 6th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Once again, all I can say is WOW!!!! We are into November!!!!

I am really thinking that the crafting I will do for Christmas is:
Seasoning Salt
Lotion
Vanilla (I started last February or March)
ornament--family and friends
magnet---family and friends
Kits with Teigan

What are you guys still working on for gifts or just crafting?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks for the start, Lana.

This week I need to focus on the book pillows. I must finish at least one of them for Sonja's birthday next week. I also need to make her BD card with the CCS motif I've stitched. I finally have one fingerless mitten knit up and the second one nearly finished. I will start on a small afghan for Julia next, I think. I should also get a start on the socks for DSonIL so I can take those to AK next week to work on.

I think I need a list:
  • Fingerless mittens
  • Start Julia's afghan
  • Start socks for DSonIL
  • BD cards (Sonja & Valentin)
  • Book pillow(s)

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Next couple weeks will be mainly knitting. DH sweater is last gift to be made and the rate I’m going at it I may not have it done in time. Also need to get my bed socks done—working on them when DH is home.

I also have a touch more paper crafting to do now that I know what their little candy treat will be and what marshmallows they will get for their hot chocolate. Also need to come up with a November card for some ladies at church.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I boxed up DD29's Christmas crochet gifts for her, boyfriend, and the cats. LOL She will be visiting mid-month flying down. She will be driving a UHaul with a friend back up who is moving. So, the box will go with her. I posted some pics on here of the blanket for her BF and the top I made her. I really like how the top turned out and I want to make me one now!!!!

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, it's time for some Craftermath Control. I haven't been in the studio for days because it's such a mess that it is totally uninspiring and discouraging. Must fix it!

I did clean up my yarn mess yesterday which had migrated from the living room couch to the family room couch. The fingerless mittens are done, and the afghan for Julia is a WIP. I've added two more brain bunnies to my knitting list, however (a hat for myself and a baby afghan).

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Well as ordered by Blake my PT guy I am band from all crafting—especially knitting for at least a week. was Warned that doctor may extend that timeline. Will find out on Friday. I now have a rotary cuff injury on my right side. DH sweater may have to become his birthday gift. I do have his birthday gift so I can switch them around if I need to.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Sorry to hear that! Glad you have an alternate plan for DH's gifts!

Finally finished the first of the reading pillows (for Sonja). Doing the Craftermath Control first was so helpful in enhancing my crafting experience today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got 10 stocking crochet-ornaments done... but now OF COURSE I'm out of yarn! I do have other red yarn but it's too thick. will try to look at our local store tonight otherwise might have to go to town... sigh! this will hinder my being ready. ah well I guess I'll get the Christmas cards ready meanwhile and start wrapping.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I crafted for 3 days with dgds. They each picked out a couple of things from Dollar Tree and we did those and made clothes for stuffed animals. I wanted to show them another item but they were having a hard day.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wow, everyone sounds busy!
Rose, I’m sorry to hear you are sidelined with an injury.
No crafting here this week. I did get some things accomplished but no crafting.
Rick took me to Cleveland to look at industrial sewing machines. I’m glad he took me as the area the “shop” was in wasn’t nice. It’s an old dilapidated wear house, no heat in the “show room”. The owner is amazing and he has all types of machines. I think I’ve decided what I want so we will go back up next week most likely. I really like sewing leather!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to a local store and bought what I thought might be like the wool I had for the crochet stockings (did not have the paper around it anymore)... it's a bit bigger, will try it out all the same.
I did buy some wool to make some knitted socks

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I got quite a bit accomplished today. I finally have my studio mo-jo back, and it's time to take a trip.

This week I finished the fingerless mittens for Iris, made three readin/book pillows, completed 2 birthday cards with CCS motifs, embellished a sweatshirt for Sonja (U&I are Magical), embellished a "Monster Truck" sweatshirt for Valentin, got started on some name tags for our Stitched Together group (need 14), and knit on Julia's afghan (half way there).