Crafters Challenge October 31st~November 7th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So, we are now getting to count down days~~~kinda. If you hope to be done by December 1st. I will finish the majority of it this month! :) I believe it is all purchased and just waiting for that thing called time~~precious word~~ to do it.

I make new ornaments every year for about 8 or 9 people and then my co~workers. Only have 3 co-workers at this branch and a few bossess that I will still make for. Only doing 2 oraments (has been 4 or 5) I think for the people this year so hoping to work on these items this week. Co-workers get one. The one boss that I am friends with gets all I do.

Have to get the items to make foot lotion too.

Have sewing to do yet also. Once the items are cut out it won't take long to sew the coasters sets. Doing 3 sets of 6. Might add a 4th one in and then might do DD some peguins ones. Hers is iffy for this year or not. She is still at home so..

Jampss, You will get the necklace! Are you trying again? It is a cute one.

Kim, that worked for the outfit :) !

Everybody, Have a GREAT crafting week and keep us posted!!!!!

Last edited:

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Hi, Lana,

I have been silent once more due to problems with accessing this site. That is so frustrating.

My Christmas items to be crafted are nearly finished. I still need to make a couple of bookmarkers for my husband. Also now I am ready to complete the decorative pillow to finish that project. Today I finally determined just how I want to fit all the pieces together so it is sure to be done really soon.

Otherwise I am starting to make more baby items for a group in Ohio. Cutting of togs has begun and this week I'll begin embroidery of quilt squares and a bib. I make a box full of items each year for October donation.

You are doing well on completing your goals amid all your other activities.
I enjoy reading about your crafting and seeing many of the items on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We need to get the cocoon done this week. The baby's grandma will be here Nov 7th. However I have a headache today and don't foresee any knitting getting done. I joined Ravelry and 1 of the groups there does knitting for an Indian reservation. I think it will be fun for DGD and I to make some hats & booties for the babies there...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Char, I was wondering if you were having trouble getting on or if you were just to busy crafting to post! Sounds like you are really under control with everything! Keep up the good work. Thanks Char for stopping my blog.

Tricia, I am sure you will get it done by week-end. Just keep pluggin away at it!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Jampss, You will get the necklace! Are you trying again? It is a cute one.
Yeah, I showed it to my crafty 4H leader tonight, and she thought it was cute but suggested a thinner yarn perhaps!

Otherwise, for this week, I will work on the shrug still! Ever forward!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana both worked for costumes I tried talking Kenny into being a cheerleader but that didn't work. Once again I thought I posted this week but I guess I didn't. Hoping that next weekend will be the last weekend totally consumed by football and cheer, but then again hoping not because it means the kids are done.

This weekend we have the next cheer comp. about 2 hours away have no clue what time we have to be there yet or what time the girls go on. We are hopeing it is early in the morning so that we can be out of there by noon to be back for the first round of state play offs for the boys. Which our organization is hosting so it is here. If the girls don't take first in their division they are done with comp. for the year. Kinda hope we are done then again for the girls I hope they can move on. For the boys hopeing for State Championship this year.

Next weekend will be round 2 of state playoffs and our annual banquet. Wrestling and year round cheer will start in a few weeks.

I do want to get at least one thing done before Satrudays game a new scarf for Makayla in red,green and white. She does have a red and white one but since Pop Warner has incorporated the green this year I think she needs a new one. I do too so will have to make one for myself too. Last weekends game was too cold with out scarfs and gloves since we have snow in the forcast for all weekend thinking we will need them this weekend too

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I started painting snowman ornaments yesterday. They are the same ones that I made last year with the glitter on the inside. I'm not sure what I plan to do with them, both of my shops are stocked, but I'll put them on the shelf in case they sell out and need more.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I started my toss pillows for my hearth room! One of them says, "The weather outside is frightful" and the other one said "But the fire is so delightful". They are going to go on two chairs we have in front of the fireplace. I am looking forward to working on them this weekend. I just need to sew them together. Sounds like everyone is making good progress! I can't believe that Dec. is almost here. YAY!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

It is such a cute santa face. That would be nice to receive a gift in. Could even put treats in bag and put in there. Great work too.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Carol your little Santa bag is SO cute...