Crafters Challenge October 4th---October 12th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Before turning in will start the next weeks thread!!!

Oh my Gosh---you guys got alot done last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose, WTG on being done with making stuff for Christmas.

MM, shop hop would be FUN! Your ornament is pretty. Several years ago I got one from a craft show and Allen took it apart one side so we could figure it out. Fingers do get sore!

Putting the legs and hat on Jaymee's wreath. Allen will wire them.

What is your plan for this week in the crafting area???

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: farmerswife

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

We're making our last trip of the season over to the lake. I need to decide what crafts to take along. I would really like to take my embroidery machine and work on a table topper gift and a pumpkin decoration for me.

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Plan to shop today for sewing/ crafting supplies. I have my list and fabric swatches already to go.

Started another no sew ornament, the “snow globe”. It was trying my patience last night. Will look at it again tonight and maybe finish it tomorrow if I don’t pull it apart.

Plan to be quilting the end of the week. (providing I get the backing I need today.). Husband will be busy working so I can work without interruption...

BiddyPop

Premiere Member
Apr 29, 2020
Ireland
This week, so far, I have:
Cast off one scarf (still need to sew in ends and possible add tassels)
Cast on next scarf (these 2 are in club colours for 2 DNieces (sisters) so thick wool and relatively short)
Cut out felt food to sew up for another DNiece

tonight and tomorrow nights I want to focus on machine sewing -
Making up 4 stockings (all cut last week)
Felt food
2 small girl satchel bags (yet to cut, for different DNieces)

I’ll work on the knitting while sitting in the car waiting for DD various places

and I will hopefully get to finish some cross stitching - I’m currently doing an old fashioned oil lamp picture onto what will be a bookmark for a camping nut. But I want to do 3 more pictures before I sew on any of the backs to finish them all off, mass production style (I already have 8 other pictures finished - DH and I have a lot of siblings and in-laws between us!).

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I blanket stitched about 15 2" gingerbread men that the kids made about 25 years ago. We used them as account down garland with the youngest was about 4 years old. I am missing 4 so I will have to make them (we made them from grocery bags) and will give them to him now that he has his own home. So now I have completed all the "special Christmas item" that were intended for each child. Good intentions finally completed.
I did sew one placemat and am trying to decided if DD will use them or not. She doesn't even eat at her table she uses it for a desk. She wants to move into a different apartment so maybe after her move she will do more. She is a minimalist and does not want many possession but did ask for cloth napkins. The would be the "eco" side of her. lol Just love that kid.

• Love
Reactions: luludou and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the snow globe ornament. It’s cute but I like the look of metallic fabric better. The snow globe and and the starburst pattern I finished this morning are plain quilting cotton.

My shopping trips were just ok. I did get my quilt backings so I’m happy with that. Will be quilting this afternoon.

Finished the shadow box for my husband. It’s pictures and toys that were the boys. It’s wrapped and tucked away for Christmas. I used wallet size prints I had printed at target. They were the perfect size for the box.

Reactions: luludou and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I cut out the 4 missing gingerbread men and sewed them today. I also cut and started sewing larger size ones for my kitchen decor. I sew them when watching tv with DH.