Crafters Challenge October 6th-12, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I knitted on one sock last night and messed it up… duh instead of continuing all knit, I did knit-purl… so had to undo all of that - will see tonight if I can get it started with my stitches all the good way (not twisted)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got the globes ready to frost and poured paint into the rest of the snowmen heads. Need more glitter and paint to finish about 32 of them.

Repaired Jaymees robe she dropped off this a.m. and also sewed up a sew in a brand new dress I got Teigan yesterday. I washed it last night and was ironing it and the seam had about a 7" place where it wasn't caught. Machine was on the table so was a fast fix but still...........

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am having no luck painting my sign, the font I have picked to transfer to the wood is just not working.
I think I will try another method.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was at the Dollarama today and they had Red Heart Boutique Sashay yarn for $2/ball! Says one ball makes a scarf. They had DD8's two favourite colours. I think I'll knit them both up since I already made a similar one for DD6 so no matter what else I get done I'll have a homemade gift for everyone ready for under the tree. Can't beat $2 for a scarf!

I knitted on one sock last night and messed it up… duh instead of continuing all knit, I did knit-purl… so had to undo all of that - will see tonight if I can get it started with my stitches all the good way (not twisted)

So you ribbed when you were supposed to be doing stockinette? Could you just rib the other sock to match instead of undoing it? I often rib more than the pattern calls for to help the socks stay up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
FS I thought about it but had done about an inch of stockinette... so I undid it and now I just redid two rows (after looking on youtube to make sure my stitches were on the needles the right way). seems ok now. Thanks FS :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Oops, Lucie! Sorry about the sock frogging!

I finished the September CCS owl last night and am knitting the ribbing on the socks. They are knit toe-up, so I'm nearly done.

I've packed up some CCS ornament charts, and a chart for a BD card to take on our camping trip, together with some knitting projects and some fabric scraps to cut up for storage. We're likely to have some quite cool and possibly rainy weather, so having something to do inside will be nice.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll be bringing the crochet baby blanket this weekend… hummm… rain on Sunday, maybe some socks too?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Went to the craft store today and they hot fuschia coloured thrumming. I bought turquoise wool to make thrummed mitts. Didn't want to spend any money on yarn but I'd only seen thrumming in grey or beige before.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Already to start quilting my quilt. But I’m not happy with my thread choice :(. We have a quilt shop that just opened a couple of miles up the road from me so I thought I would check it out. She has beautiful fabric and the shop is darling. It’s in a old out building on a farm. And no thread! Ok, she had 10 spools, that’s it. I don’t want to run to the Falls for thread but I guess I will in the morning.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got everything on list done except I can't find my E6000 glue to finish up candle holders so I will have to pick some more up. Just remembered the tops of them havent done that yet either. I am trying to get a couple more things done tonight also
:)Mom's Fall sign. It's painted and words already cut out so just need to put them on
:)Scarecrow pot's already painted faces cut out just need to put on and decorate
:)Fall place mats just need to figure out what I want to put on them cut and put on
:)Fall charger again just need to figure out what I want to put on cut and put on
:)Snowman pot's need to cut faces finish painting and put faces on
:rolleyes:Christmas candle holders