Crafters Challenge Sept. 11th-Sept. 17th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Will be 1/2 thru Sept. at this end of this week.

I did do a checkbook cover for fall and it is on my blog. Didn't get home from the party till almost 9:30 so did not start the washers.

Carol, can't wait to see your peguin bag. Jaymee loves them.

Farmerswife, seems my crafts always get put on the back burner but we will get there.

Keep On a Crafting and hope we all have a promising week with finished items!

Last edited:

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I cannot believe that we are almost half way through with September. Time is really flying by. Hoping this week is more productive than last week. Lana love the checkbook cover.

This week's list: (and some ongoing list items)
() Finish grandmother's quilt top
() decide on pattern for another quilt and cut out pieces
()Rudolph ornaments
()bags toppers for teacher gifts
()Glitter Ornaments

Happy Crafting Everyone!!!

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I had to rip out part of sock - I may try to work on it again. I also started another pair of wristlets. And another baby is due in three weeks - a girl for a change.

I should start on my holiday cards too.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Sewing:
[x] Last seam of tote bag
[x] Fleece dollie blanket
[] Dollie blanket with yellow ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with wine ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with pink polka dot ribbon
[x][][][][][][][][] Tree decorations
[-][-][] Crayon rolls (the ones I've already cut - I now need to cut another 4!!)
[][][] Cut and sew 3 reusable shopping totes
[] Hanging pouch for DD's books beside bed
[] Hanging pocket for DD's bedhead
[] Pillowcase to match duvet cover for DD's bed
[] 2 big cushions for DD's floor
[][][][][] Cushion covers (2 are 20" and 3 are 16")
[][][][] Lavendar pouches
[][][] Stockings for DH, PIL
[] A "My first dollie"
[][][][] Dollie clothes sets
[] Handbag
[][] Christmas PJs
[] Gardening bag
[] Gardening Apron

Cross-stitch and decorative handsewing:
[-] Holly tree decoration - continue working on this
[] Candle tree decoration - will only start this once the holly is done
[] Finish gingerbread man tree decoration
[] Finish stocking tree dectoration

Knitting:
[] Lap blanket
[] Sleeveless jumper for DD

OK, my list is long. The only good thing about it is that lots of the bits are cut and ready to sew. But I need to get most of those items completed by Christmas. It's giong to be a busy few weeks ahead. (But I have also ticked off a good few items over the past month, so I am feeling happier).

Last edited:

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Half way through September! Wow! time is flying. I was able to get done 2 dish cloths while visiting yesterday. So my list looks like this now, the same list as last week but with 2 of the 6 dish cloths done. :) Have a great week everyone. ~ Farmerwife

6 dish cloths (2 down)

Canning pickles (for gifts)

Start an prayer Afghan for my son (gift)

Change my blog around for Autumn (I consider this part of my crafts)

And my never ending Scrapbook pile

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Never made it back down to camp last week to get more acorns. Thought about doing it this past weekend but Makayla had a late game on Saturday so that never happened. Sunday was the fire deparments tractor/truck pull. My brother and two of the other firemen that are in charge of this event are in Southern NY making their way in to PA helping with pumping out houses. They have been there since Wens morning and were to be released Saturday night but now it looks like they will be there alot longer. So I worked 8 hours yesterday then had to go help out with that for another 10 hours

So it looks like this weekend we will get more acorns since we are having one last blast at camp before hunting season starts, and cooler weather.

Thinking that not much will get done this week since a girl at work shattered her elbow and is out of work for awhile I took alot of her hours for the week.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Recently my time has been greatly divided between yard activities and sewing. I have simply not taken the time to post along the way.

My missionary friend to Spain found need for some more costumes for Biblical characters for the ministries she is involved in. This round they are for teenagers and adults and are simpler than the child sized kings made earlier. One set is completed, one is half complete and one is yet to be started. All will be finished by the end of October.

Along the way Christmas gift crafting has been slowly progressing as well. Currently getting attention:
Cushion for my husband's office chair
Cool ties for a son living in Arizona's heat
Plastic canvas coaster sets for three special ladies at church

Charlotte

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Still working on making squares, and more squares... for the rag quilts.

Need to pull out the sewing machine this weekend and start the curtains for the porches - thinking grommet panels?, and the staple gun to put new fabric on the chair seats. I think they need to be reglued though - so that is going to take longer (again) then planned ;) best of intention though

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody seems to be moving along. I have narrowed my 12 Days of Christmas Item down to choose between I think.

100 days till Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From today 9-16!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I had a neighbor cut up some 2x4's for me earlier this week, thought I had orange spray paint but didn't so that project was put on hold until now when I go change my clothes I am going to paint those and finally stain my cabinet I bought 3 months ago. That is the plan for today.

Makayla's squad is cheering with the Varisty cheerleaders tonight at the football game then I think that we are heading down to camp for the night, so tomorrow I will have lots of kids around to pick up acorns for me. Since there are a bunch of family and friends going down there for one last camping trip