Crafters Challenge Sept. 21st-27th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
:welcome: To another milestone!!!!!

This is the last day of summer! Fall is upon us--which means winter and Christmas! Of course some of our friends are just getting into the summer. Must say I am happiest in fall and spring with the weather.

I did find some scrapbook paper yesterday at Hobby Lobby that I really like, so hope I can make the washer necklaces out of it for my 12 Days of Christmas Swap at the HGTV Forum.

Need to make 2 pillowcases for my nephews b'day party today but...they might be on raincheck. Have a couple quilts to do some repairs on. A blue jean rag top that I made Jaymee back in grade school needs some fixed and a tie dye one that is my nieces that needs repaired that she has had for 7 or 8 years and uses ALL the time.

Saw a real pretty polka dot fleece throw that I thought would be cute for the back of quilts for my great nieces. (next Christmas)

Still need to see about the memory board game from fabric.

Lot of projects I see that people are working on.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am sewing on the last peals on the bridal bouquet. Then I'll work on the bride's little daughter's bouquet.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Lana, fall and spring are my favorite seasons, too! I cannot wait until it consistently cools off here. It's only been in the high 90's but the humidity keeps shooting up and making things uncomfortable.

Diedra, I would love to see pics and get any tips you have. My daughter (who is getting married in May) came to me yesterday with a picture much like the one you showed as your inspiration piece. She has asked me to make one for her so I started looking on Pinterest. They ask a king's ransom on some of those on Etsy but they truly are beautiful. I need to start looking for brooches, I suppose. I do have a few that were my grandmother's and my great aunt's which will make it special and I thought perhaps I could find something of my father's to incorporate somehow. I so wish he could see my kids now as they are growing up, getting married, etc. I love this idea- we could work in old, new, borrowed, and blue all in one place and have little reminders of loved ones who can't be there.

The 2 yr old is sick today so I'm staying home this morning and hope to get something done in the material sorting dept for the smaller things I'm working on. We'll see...

Chris

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Bridal Bouquet

I'll take a couple of photos and try to get them posted this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had a creative day. I made more name tags for my drilldance teams. I made a double strand pearl and pink bracelet for my self. I also made a long grey pearl necklace for myself. I did a little bit of mending. Did well I think.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
After several days focused on freezer cooking I finally sat down to some crafting last night!

Got about half way done on the little T-Rex softie for DS stocking...so that is something at least!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for the idea. These are something that we will do. I really like to try new ideas but anything that involves sewing is not my idea of fun.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The cinnamon/applesauce ornaments make everything smell so good when drying. I would store them in sandwich baggies and they retained their smell for a couple yrs. alittle. Before getting to hard remember to use a straw to make a hole for string (or hanger).

I fixed Madisons quilt last night. Zig zagged around all 4 sides twice and then tacked it thru out the middle. It is washed and dried and ready for Miranda to pick up.

Now onto pillowcases. Hoping tonight but shall see.

AuntJ, now you can craft away and just pop out a freezer meal!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I have been very lazy, but today, I did make a pillowcase for a travel pillow. Also a sunglasses case for my friend to go with the cool sunglasses I gave her for her birthday. I have a couple more things to sew before I tackle the Christmas sewing!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A crafting working bee would be fantastic. We could all bring a project to work on and a plate each to share for lunch. Wonderful!!!