Crafters Challenge Sept. 5th-Sept. 12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, I think several of us had cooler temps outside this past week and some have been working outside. I think we are to have the nicer temps thru tom. and then back to 90's.

My blanket is still awaiting the binding. Was planning on giving the presents to them when they are home for the wedding the 18th. (nephews) But my sister (her son) said when they are back in November we will have a shower. So will save the quilt till them and give them the rest now. Hopefully they can fit onto the plane.

My plan this week is the 12 Days of Christmas Swap items---unless cleaning.

I agree with KimD, totally have to really start here. Time is a slipping.

All have a GREAT crafting week and let us know what you are doing!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ok need to get started. Will be gone all day tomorrow gotta work in the morning and then off to the races. Get there today after the rain and another lake effect rain storm was closing in so tomorrow they are going to get three days of racing in one day going to be along one.

This week need to
figure out Halloween costumes for kids
figure out what I have in means of supplies and what need to get
work on Poppet clothes for Makayla and Kali
work on making punkins for Makayla, Kali, Emma, and Indy

think thats enough for now

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am aiming to sew together the 3 crayon rolls I cut for DD and the 2 little girls from 3 doors up that she plays with.

I need to keep knitting on DH's aunt's lapblanket.

I want to make a couple of Christmas cards.

And I would like to get a makeup brush holder cut out and sewn while I still have the machine out.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I didn't get any quilting completed last week. I was working on monogramming several things for a local shop, that kept me busy.

I started my swap items for the 12 Days of Christmas swap that Lana mentioned. I have two completed, 10 more to go. I should finish that this week and hopefully wrap and mail next week. Then I can quilt.

I found a knitting class nearby that starts next Monday. I am going to sign up for that, it is four weeks long. Most of the classes have been in the evening hours, but this one is during the mornings, I can make it to that. I can do the basic knitting stitch, but I don't know how to do anything else, I'm excited to learn how to knit.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
One of the things on my daughter and son-in-law's list is new bed pillows. I'm not a fan of picking out someone else's pillows but she explained what they liked so I picked some out yesterday. I need to get some zippered pillow protectors and some pillow cases to monogram. So I hope to get those finished this week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Snickerdoodle, that will be a nice addition for the pillows.

Carol, are you doing more bags or what now? Do you do work for 1 shop or more.
There is a knitting class that I thought of taking over at the college extension center in the town I work. I think like 6-either 8 or 9 p.m. 1 evening a week for a month. It is like $60 and supplies. Thinking maybe if it is next semester I might try.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I do monogramming for one store locally. She just received in new market totes in fun patterns/colors and mentioned to a few customers that she now offers monogramming. Three customers bought four totes each and wanted them all monogrammed. I make ornaments year around for another shop that I ship to. It's fun.

I am hoping the knitting class will be good. I want to eventually knit socks. I think hand knitted socks are so cool!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
My main project will be finishing the thumbs on the wristers I've made. I finally got little dp's to work the thumbs on. Then I might try to finish a cotton blanket I started knitting.

Then I'll count and see what I have for who.

Should keep me busy.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday at lunch I ran and got the last few items needed for a swap. Have to prime them and then paint and do.

Hoping to get the majority of those items done this week. Can't mention what I am doing in case Carol would happen to receive a package of mine. We seemed to have joined the same 12 Days of Christmas Swap over at the HGTV boards. It is a fun swap. My 3rd year.

Hope all are moving along. 3 weeks from today September is over!!!!!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
LOL - Lana I was going to post pictures of my swap item on my blog and then I said "No, I can't Lana will see". I'm almost finished, I have two more to make and then wrap and mail. Not bad since the deadline is in November sometime....

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well what have I done so far this week. Spend Monday at the track, we got rain from Canada all weekend so they put 2 1/2 days of racing into one day. Tuesday Kayla spent with her uncle and cousin something he has done since the girls started kindergarden 6 yrs ago, I was at football practice, Yesturday was the first day of school for three of the kids, Maranda's first day was today, and football practice. Today Kenny and Makayla has thier annual back to school block party, oh yea football and cheer practice. I am hoping that I can get something done tomorrow. Because Saturday is all day football and cheer well at least 6 hours of the day is.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana raceing/football season=living out of the car around here.

I did manage to get a couple of things done after Kenny's football practice

We have yet another child with cancer in our city This one happens to be our Varsity Football, Wrestling Coach, Jr. High gym teachers son and his mother is the Assistant Super of our school district as well as Maranda & David's old principal of the first elementary school they attended. Today Timmy's brother Mikey was giving his little brother bone marrow. So today is wear Orange to Tug for Tim. I had to make sure Maranda, David, Kenny, and my shirts were clean and ready to go. Makayla wore mine to school.

Pop warner along with Jr. High, JV and Varisty football players and cheerleaders were given a "Tug for Tim" patch to wear on thier uniforms for this weekends games. Since Kenny is playing for another organization this year I had to ask if it was ok for him to put on uniform (they had no problem with it) So had to get those on uniforms for the kids

Makayla wanted me to make her a orange hair thing for today, and all 4 wanted orange ribbons today so did those up last night after finally finding orange ribbon Everyone around here can not keep it in stock. Aso had to make a few for other kids on our street to wear today.

Now getting ready to go take some pictures of the sea of orange coming out of the Jr. High to put on Timmys caring bridge site so they can be explained to him (he lost his sight a few weeks ago)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
KimD, how sad. That is so cool with everyone wearing the orange for him.

I have been working on my swap items so, slowly getting thru that. I chose 2 really SIMPLE items so then adding another that takes alittle time. You only have to do 1 but with 2 so extremely easy I wanted to be fair with the exchange.

How are we all doing this week?