Crafters Challenge September 20th-26th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Will start this before turning in so early risers on the other time zone can post if they want to early!

Several people, once again got things done last week.

I am continuing to buy to make projects! Usually on my fall vacations I craft.

I also got a panel in the mail that I will do something for Teigans birthday with. It is a unicorn one. Waiting for some of the matching material to come back in stock.

What is on your agendas for this week?!?!?!

Have a GREAT crafting week everybody!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to get back to my knitting next week. I also need to finalise a few Christmas items, make sure I have the ingredients and set aside some time to do them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Picking up my machine on Monday. Tuesday my cousin and I are going to the tent sale in Shilo. I have a list of fabric I need for my planned projects this winter. There’s a few things I know I won’t find there so I’m thinking a trip to Berlin is in order this week too. I’m ready to get back to sewing and having fun.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
20200917_160652000_iOS.jpg Wrist Warmers I made. Now, I'm making black and orange ones!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
View attachment 886 Wrist Warmers I made. Now, I'm making black and orange ones!
Oh I really like those. Great job. I always admire knitted an crocheted items because I can't do either. I am left-handed/right-handed and can't seem to find a comfortable easy way to do it.

Reactions: jampss

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
LOVE the wrist warmers!!! Wish I could knit or crochet something other than flat items - more complex patterns have always eluded me :rolleyes:

I got back into the ring with my third recipe binder project - decided to take the approach of preparing all elements for each tab or decorative element ahead, stacking them in groups for assembly later. I've got some vinyl images to weed but I'm more than halfway there...which is awesome. I've been worrying about getting too close to the end of the year with a big project lingering...

Rose94 - What is your apron gift box?

Katrina - What are you knitting? I've been feeling the urge to knit...probably the cooler weather setting in!

Lana and Myron's Mom - I've been shopping too!!! Did a "big" trip to JoAnn's on Sunday - I bought a bunch of flannel for various projects - and one of the deals going on was you could pick a "end of season" pattern to get for 1 cent for every so many yards of fabric. I got 4 patterns for 1 cent each!! :)

Also picked up yarn, embroidery floss, rolls of vinyl, ribbon, scrapbook papers, etc. All of the deals and coupons used knocked about $40 off my total - very cool!

Planning a tree skirt project, throw pillows for the camper and PJ pants for DS.

https://flic.kr/p/2jJQHXy

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
jampss ~ Great wrist warmers. I would like to knit something like that for Iris. I’ll need to go in search of a pattern for pre-teens.

AJ ~ Love the camper fabric!

Focus this week needs to be DD’s Eugene quilt. I did some of the quilting yesterday. It may take me a week to get the quilting done, then binding and the label.

I did get a key fob made yesterday for our travel trailer keys. The one we had broke (just a plastic one), so I wanted something cute and distinctive, so we can quickly find the keys in our key drawer.

I also kitted and started a CCS chart for a BD card for DD and worked a bit on a computer card to accompany the memorial quilt which is ready to send to the family. I need to try to get an address.

I guess it counts as crafting that I drew a picture for Sonja (at her request) with a short note and made an envelope for it. DH drew a picture, too. Need to get that in the mail.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Halloween'ish! ;)
A304981C-985F-42AF-B8C3-69E463065573.jpeg

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
jampss ~ Great wrist warmers. I would like to knit something like that for Iris. I’ll need to go in search of a pattern for pre-teens.
Thanks. I found a Pinterest that led me to a YouTube video for a pattern. :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh I really like those. Great job. I always admire knitted an crocheted items because I can't do either. I am left-handed/right-handed and can't seem to find a comfortable easy way to do it.
Thanks. Well ... I admire folks who sew .... I LOVE all the great material prints ... but I don't sew. Oh, I have tried it. When DD28 was young and in 4-H and she tried a few sewing projects and asked for my help .... well, it was a struggle. LOL ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina - What are you knitting? I've been feeling the urge to knit...probably the cooler weather setting in!
I am knitting some cardigans for babies. I am half way through my second.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Rose94 - What is your apron gift box?

It's a apron shaped box. Front and back of the box looks like a apron. Its about a treat size box. I will be using it for holding some salt/pepper and a pepper grinder. If you are on pinterest just search apron shape boxes and a bunch will come up. Will post a picture on my blog once I'm done making it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Had to go to town today for a doctor's appointment, ... so stopped and got some red fabric to make a stocking for dgs, and bought what was missing to finish my Christas ornaments as well as more yarn for socks.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It's a apron shaped box. Front and back of the box looks like a apron. Its about a treat size box. I will be using it for holding some salt/pepper and a pepper grinder. If you are on pinterest just search apron shape boxes and a bunch will come up. Will post a picture on my blog once I'm done making it.
Oh! I looked those up! Too cute!! :)

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Fabric sale today at shilo! Got a bunch of fabric for my winter projects. Solids for a Easter quilt ( had the Easter fat quarters for years) and a few quilt backings. I think I also have all I need for the ornaments I want to make. Want to make a trip to Amish country in the next few weeks just because.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I would love to be close to Amish country. Closest would be around Arthur Illinois and that is about 2 hours or so. Shilo a shop, I assume. MM, how is your husbands leg doing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I made 10 ornaments today. I am supervising school and wanted something different to do today so I cut out ornaments last night and hand sewed them this morning. I have some others Christmas decor I would like to do. Most of it is free to do as I am using my "stash". It keeps me happy.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I would love to be close to Amish country. Closet would be around Arthur Illinois and that is about 2 hours or so. Shilo a shop, I assume. MM, how is your husbands leg doing?

Actually the shop is called country fabrics that is in a barn. Thankfully they have flush toilets there!

Husbands leg is better, thanks for asking. Swelling is gone but he is still having pain. He’s still off his cholesterol medication. I’m thinking he might need some physical therapy ( that’s the nurse in me talking).

Im wrestling with some red quilt backing today. I’ve washed it 3 times and the color catchers I used are still bright red. I think I’ll try some vinegar tomorrow To see if that will help. Other wise I’m going to find some other fabric to use.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana