Crafters Challenge September 22---28th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Crafting Buddies!!!!!

So good to see many projects done and being worked on!

I have never tried knitting. I crochet some.

I am still cleaning and decorating alittle for fall so not much crafting. On vacation week of October 7th so hoping to be done with most cleaning inside so can craft that week, put up Christmas lights outside and work in sheds. Tis the plan and if half gets done will be good! LOL!

What are you all planning to do this week?

I will be waiting to hear and see pictures!!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I plan to go to knitting lady so I can continue working on the 2 pairs of socks. I also want to continue crocheting the baby blanket (am on my 3rd ball of yarn). Maybe a crochet pumpkin?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Well, I want to finish embellishing the Walmart dress for Sonja's early November birthday … need to search for a button in my stash or purchase one; make a yo-yo with the flower yo-yo maker I borrowed from a friend; and then sew everything onto the dress.

I will keep knitting on the socks for DSonIL … a good project to take along on our Thursday-Saturday trip.

I have all the pieces ready to sew together for the yo-yo elephant.

DD#1 let me know what colors Iris would like for her Dirndl, so I should search for fabric.

I should get going on some ornaments for the grandchildren (requires more shopping).
I want to make the two February pillowcases (requires machine embroidery of the month name before sewing them up). I SHOULD make the other fleece throw (Christmas gift) first.

I have a couple of CCS projects I could be working on but there's no Christmas crunch on those.

Will keep you all posted on my progress; and watch what you are up to. Have a great crafting week!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I doubt I’ll get to anything this week. I hope to be making apple sauce and I need to polish the furniture before my manicure appointment.
Sounds like everyone is in full swing for crafting. I should make a few pillow cases too from my left over quilt fabrics when I have time.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The pillowcases are all cut out. Talked to mom tonight and she is looking forward to sewing with me. ( In reality, she will sew and I will press with the iron. Hmmmm.... I should find something boxes to wrap them once they are done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just thought I would mention since a few are talking about making pillowcases that if you are making any in Christmas fabrics there are some cute Christmas pillowcase poems on line to go with them.
I am not making pillow cases yet but will pop online to see the poems.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Knitting lady was unavailable, so the socks are on hold. I have been working on the baby blanket.

Reactions: Lana

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Crocheting is finished on the baby blanket. I needed daylight to sew in the ends - I'll get that done today. Numbers are stitched on the advent calendar plastic canvas pieces, and I have 2 cubes stitched together. 22 to go! It feels good to work on something Christmas-y.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to knitting lady last night so I can keep on going on 2 pairs of knitted socks. Still continuing with baby blanket and I've bought some small pumpkins at dollarstore that I have started painting - should have sanded before, taking alot of coats of paints. Pinecones are nice to paint, relaxing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Started a painted sign yesterday with the phrase "the stockings were hung" I am not happy with it, the writing is crooked and I know that I will not be happy hanging it. I will try again and if I have no luck I will ask a friend who has a cricut to do it for me.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Not much to report - got back from Disney late Tuesday night and it has been a whirlwind of crazy. Power was out all weekend, childcare hiccups, illness, etc.

Will review my craft list and pick up where I left off - just not today! LOL

Glad to see everyone's posts! Missed you guys!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good work Jody.

Reactions: Miss JoDee