Crafters Challenge September 26th----October 2nd, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy! Howdy!

October we will be!!! :)

This week I did 28 magnets (14 and 14 of 2 things), made 14 ornaments, and will finish another 14 up tomorrow. Would like to get the swap items mailed out by the 1st.

Then I will see if I am going to make anything for Christmas or not. I know I will do the seasoning salt and lotion. Vanilla is in the big bottles being shook every so often and will just have to get put into smaller bottles.

Will do the reindeer feed for kids. Several are getting older so will have to take a new count.

What is on your list for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ You're making very good progress!

I've made good progress on the socks for Iris and hope to finish them up this week. When those are done, I have another pair of socks to knit for DSonIL as well as some fingerless mittens for Iris.

Once we are back from the lake, I want to work on some things in the studio ... reading pillows for grandchildren; quilt for grandson and maybe even something or other for myself. I managed to make myself a new candle mat last week!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am currently working on a couple set of ornaments. I hope to finish them up tomorrow. I found a couple of patterns for more doll clothes. DH will be gone for 5 days so I have lots of plans to get somethings done while he is gone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Everyone is so busy at the moment. I WILL finish the wedding pom poms this week and get them ticked off the list.
I have a knitted teddy bear that needs stuffing and sewing, I hate this part so have been putting it off. Will try and a t least start this this week and he is done. I know he won't take long.
I would like to start packaging up some crafts to start over the Summer.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Started quilting the pumpkin quilt today. It’s looking cute. I’m glad I went with the orange thread. Got the first row done which always takes the longest to do. And I wound bobbins. I’m usually a pre wound bobbin girl but they didn’t have any orange ones. Not my favorite thing to do.
Hope everyone has a very productive week as we are getting closer to the big day!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Worked on Pom poms yesterday. Not really a craft as such but something that needs to be done. 5 more to go

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the quilt! Have a 2 Christmas quilts next on the agenda.
Ordered 2 new quilt patterns. Revived one today in the mail. Was trying to read the directions which isn’t a good idea while I’m drink an adult beverage lol.
I also ordered some new edge to edge quilting designs. I’ve not used this company before but they were on sale and very cute. Hopefully not a waste of money.

Attachments

• 49695CFD-E6A2-4770-B238-43C1920CD532.jpeg
    49695CFD-E6A2-4770-B238-43C1920CD532.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 861D2686-16B2-4D0C-B41B-A95856BF9DDC.jpeg
    861D2686-16B2-4D0C-B41B-A95856BF9DDC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Amelia - absolutely stunning!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finished the quilt! Have a 2 Christmas quilts next on the agenda.
Ordered 2 new quilt patterns. Revived one today in the mail. Was trying to read the directions which isn’t a good idea while I’m drink an adult beverage lol.
I also ordered some new edge to edge quilting designs. I’ve not used this company before but they were on sale and very cute. Hopefully not a waste of money
When I saw your quilt I thought how pretty and a lot of work, Then I saw the back you did and said, "No waaay! " It boggles my mind not knowing how that was done. Superb job! (Insert clapping hands here, along with a speech bubble that says, "Hurray!"

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Amelai ~ That's one fabulous finish! Is that edge-to-edge machine embroidery quilting? I can't remember if you have a long arm quilting machine.

Reactions: HouseElf

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
When I saw your quilt I thought how pretty and a lot of work, Then I saw the back you did and said, "No waaay! " It boggles my mind not knowing how that was done. Superb job! (Insert clapping hands here, along with a speech bubble that says, "Hurray!"
I used contrasting bobbin thread so the quilting shows up on the backing fabric. Honestly it’s not something I usually do.
Amelai ~ That's one fabulous finish! Is that edge-to-edge machine embroidery quilting? I can't remember if you have a long arm quilting machine.
It’s edge to edge - Amelie Scott. I wish I had a long arm. I just don’t have the room, I have to put it in the living room!
The quilt pattern is Pumpkin Pie. I made some changes to the sashing and border. It was pretty much a stash buster.
Again thank you everyone!

Reactions: HouseElf