Crafters Challenge September 27th---October 3rd 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! Last week the site was buzzing with work getting done!

I did about a fourth of a Hallween wreath today and got stuff for a snowman one. Well, still need his nose and a hat but I just have to go set the hat. Had it in cart thought it was wrong size so got another and when home realized I needed the other one.

Have some mask to fix for Teigan and some taking in of stuff.

This week I will finish the Halloween wreath for Jaymee!

What do you all have planned to do?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I still have placemats and napkins to make for DD. I thinking I will make some napkins for myself too. Hope to work on them the first of the week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I finished DD's quilt today, plus her BD card. I didn't put any hanging loops on the quilt since I need to discuss if and how she wants to hang it first. I also did not make a label for it. That's something else I should discuss with her first. Since it's a surprise for her, I'll wait till after she receives it to talk to her about my questions, then I can follow-up the finishing later.

This week I need to wrap and mail the BD gift as well as the October pillowcases and the memorial quilt. I hope I can accomplish all that tomorrow and then proceed with some machine embroidery and CCS projects. Next BD event is Sonja's 5th in early November. I have an involved machine embroidery nativity I'd like to make for her, so I'd best get it in gear!

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Spent a good amount of time over weekend working on 3rd recipe binder. All elements are precut and prepared now - with exception of some vinyl images I'm still weeding. I've started to assemble the various tabs and other elements - have gotten several done! Hoping it will go fairly quickly from this point out!

Also finished the Squeakers the Otter felt ornament:

https://flic.kr/p/2jMfdY5
Have continued working on mini patchwork pincushion as well.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, he’s cute!
Ordered some wallet size prints last night for the shadow box for my husband. I think that’s all I need for it.
Was going to shop on Wednesday for quilt backing but my apples I want for apple sauce are ripe so I’ll be picking them up. There are 2 quilt shops close to where I’m going so I’ll stop on my way back. Maybe I’ll get lucky. There’s a Joann’s too but the store hasn’t had any fabric selection in a long time.
Ive decided the quilt for my husband will be next years gift. It’s pretty much self drafted and at this point and I haven’t been able to get the design the way I want. I need to take all my little sketches I’ve made and come up with a final design. At least I have all my fabric for it.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Myron's Mom ~ Our local Joanns stores have now re-stocked their fabrics. Perhaps yours have too. You could probably give them a call to confirm before going there.

I got a couple of quilts mailed yesterday, as well as the October pillowcases. Sonja is particularly fond of her August pillowcase which has cute little mushrooms on it.

I also hooped and stitch out a shepherd for Sonja's nativity (BD present). There's a donkey in the same hopping, so I hope to get that stitched out today. Then I should do the machine embroidery for the November pillowcases so that I can get those ready.

And I've started a CCS motif (mushroom) for Sonja's BD card.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lucie--sorry you are having trouble with the socks. Hope its a quick fix and your back knitting right away.

Got the nightgowns done so just the hat that must get done. Sewing/craft room is a mess so need to do a little cleaning up before starting another sewing project. Will most likely do that tomorrow. DH will be home so no knitting will get done on the hat.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Made it to one quilt shop this morning. The other wasnt open when I was in the area and I didn’t feel like killing time. The shop didn’t have any backings I liked. Too too much road construction around the Joann’s so I didn’t stop. I’m going to go to Amish country on Monday. I know I can find what I want there.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Myron's Mom ~ Do you get good prices in Amish counry?

I only have two more nativity pieces to stitch out. I have all my scrap fabrics strewn about the studio. I've been pawing through them to find just the right scraps for each nativity piece. It's fun, but very messy! It shows me that I really need to corral my scraps in one place. I have several small plastic drawers that are here and there in the studio. I may revisit that when I go to put it all away.

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia, yes and no on the prices. One place is pretty inexpensive. There are 2 shops that I think are high priced and the others fall in between. The nice thing is there are 7 shops that are all within about a 15 mile stretch ( my poor estimation). There are 2 other shops, one Ive never been to and the other is away out of the way. In the past ( this year of course supply and demand issues) I’ve always found what I wanted. A lot of the Mennonite and Amish do not wear masks. Signs are posted on all the doors.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started a crochet pumpkin. Following more or less the tutorial as my wool is thick velvet and would make a big pumpkin... so cut the proportions by more than half.