Crafters Challenge September 27th---October 3rd 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Hat is half done. Did a really good cleaning of the sewing/crafting room. When through my fabrics as well. Pulled the fabrics out of the closet and got all the fabrics for each quilt top together into one bag. Also pulled the yarn for a couple projects from back of closet to front so they are easy to grab when ready to make them up.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, cute pattern.

I finished putting mesh on the wreath. Will put the legs, hat and spiders on in the a.m..

Ordered some more material this a.m. (Missouri Star Quilt) for Teigans unicorn quilt. Not sure how I will do it.

Sure wish I had the stores and Amish country around me like MM does. Also sounds like DD has nice stores.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

The nativity pieces are all stitched out; the CCS motif for Sonja's BD card is stitched; fabrics for the November pillowcases are starched, ironed and cut to size. I've also done a wee bit of fabric scrap organization so it will be easer to pull pieces for applique. I need to finish dusting off the shelf and plastic storage drawers before the job is completed though.

Reactions: Lana

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Greetings!

The nativity pieces are all stitched out; the CCS motif for Sonja's BD card is stitched; fabrics for the November pillowcases are starched, ironed and cut to size. I've also done a wee bit of fabric scrap organization so it will be easer to pull pieces for applique. I need to finish dusting off the shelf and plastic storage drawers before the job is completed though.

Good job! Don't you really like yourself when you do the things that make things easier later on down the road?! As tiresome and tedious as it seems in the midst of it, it always pays off!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lucie, cute pumpkins!
Lana, we need to do a quilt shop hop.

Finished a no sew quilted ornament. My first attempt. One major thing I learned- you need sharp straight pins. I got my grandma’s thimble out, my fingers were getting sore. Already planing another one, it was fun.

Attachments

• 04C2B9CD-B6AC-4014-BD31-BD46E858A211.jpeg
    04C2B9CD-B6AC-4014-BD31-BD46E858A211.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 6

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DH hat is finished and tucked away till Christmas. Unless one of my children or grandchildren decide that they want something homemade for Christmas I am now done the Christmas crafting gifts. There is a couple things I want to make for me but no hurry to get them finished.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Yesterday I sewed the hanging loops on 12 Christmas stockings mom and I made a while ago. I also stuffed and finished 3 bird ornaments I didn't finish last year. I did the napkins DD wanted and still have the placemats to make. Maybe tomorrow if I don't start the big cleaning in the guest room.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yes, Jane. I will be so pleased at having taken the time when I go to search through those fabrics again.

Myron's Mon ~ Your ornament turned out great! They are so beautiful. I've never made one but have received one as a gift.

Rose ~ Congratulations! You must be feeling great about being DONE!

Now I'm trying to plan what I want to take to the lake to work on. I'll have about 3 days to craft ... and/or read ... and/or ...

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Amelia - beautiful! I've done a few but none look as beautiful as yours - I guess I don't have the proper patience.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Amelia - beautiful! I've done a few but none look as beautiful as yours - I guess I don't have the proper patience.
Thank you! I used the Ornament Girl video on YouTube. As far as patience- there was a lot of grumbles and muttering while I was doing it!