Crafters Challenge September 27th-October 3rd!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
:welcome: To Yet Another New Month!!!

So many of you have such a GREAT start or mainly done with several of your projects for Christmas!

I have purchased I think about all I need and will really get some stuff done in October when off. Will be getting things together for each project.

My mom has been busy making bears for Jaymee out of 4 bridesmaids dresses she had and was in their weddings in '11 was 3 and 1 in 12. Jaymee thought besides storing these dresses and mom does the memory bears she would just give a bear back to the girls.

I will be busy cleaning this week---

What are your plans?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Working on granny striped blanket for DH, and slippers for everyone :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Now that runner project is done, I'm shifting focus to finishing up Christmas gifting! Worked a short while last night on embroidering last of 4 flour sack kitchen towels. Hoping to wrap on work on that gift set in a couple more days!

Then I have about 4 more ornaments to craft out of felt for gifting, but hoping to do a couple repeats of ones I've made as gifts for me to keep!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Working every day this week is putting a dent in my crafting.
I am glad that a lot of preparation has been done so when real life hits it does derail us too much.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We returned from our trip yesterday afternoon. I didn't accomplish as much crafting as I would have liked, of course, but I did reach the end of the first skein of yarn on a knit scarf. I won't need to use all of the second skein and am hoping I may have enough left for some socks.

I received quilt backing fabrics in the mail and hope to get the butterfly quilt sandwiched and possibly quilted before our next trip (leaving Wednesday).

I'm glad to see others making progress. Christmas isn't that far off now!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I hear you, DahliaDoll! When October hits, I feel like Christmas is practically next week! LOL

I did not craft yesterday - yesterday was painting and food prep for staff meeting today. And two grocery trips. I about passed out on the couch last night! :)

Day before yesterday I spent about an hour on felt ornaments. Got a 3rd felt cardinal cut out, sewed black face "masks" and eyes on all 3 and embroidered basic pattern on the wings of all 3.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Really must sew that border on the handtowel. How come we procrastinate when we are so close to getting things done. SHEESH

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
sweetpumkinpye - THAT is the million dollar question, isn't it? LOL

I am THIIIISSS close to finishing embroidered flour sack towels - but I jumped into felt ornaments instead...

Maybe I just wanted the pressure of another UFO? :)

Did a bit more work on felt cardinals last night, hope to do more tonight!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I finished one more CCS motif for the mittens last night, but it's actually my third try for a pinecone I like. The other two will be "repurposed" at some point. Maybe used for a card or a different ornament.

These baby items are taking a lot of time from my usual Christmas crafting goals. What I really should do is put the advent mittens aside for a while since I have the first one done and ready for the first Christmas, and focus on what's going to be gifted sooner. Okay ... TFL ... That's what I'll do!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We need a sewing bee get together where we bring our UFOs, drink coffee, and catch up.