Crafters Challenge September 6th-12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Crafters!!!!

It is hard to stay in the house and craft with the cooler temps (at times). Actually seems hard to craft almost anytime with everyday lifes happenings!!! That work thing REALLY cuts into a day! LOL!!!!

This week I WILL do the 2 pillowcases for my nephew. As you have all heard---they were for his b'day last Sept. 13th but he wanted a certain fabric and wasn't sure of what. So this Sunday for his b'day he will get his pillow and 2 cases from last year and then his gifts and money this year. BAD aunt! He finally told me camo and then I got St. Louis Cardinal material so.....

What is on your crafting list for the week?

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I may not actually get anything done.
But I have some supplies to purchase.
Im making wooden ornaments - I have these left over from a previous year but I need glue. and other bits.
I also need some frames to put prints in- I have the prints already done.
DS gave me a new tapestry today for our Family Daly celebration.

I want to have all supplies that I will need purchased this week. Im waiting on orders to arrive from ebay.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I hear you about the four-letter word "Work". I'm retired now and "Crafting is my Busy-ness", but when I worked, I didn't get nearly the time for crafting as I do now, of course. I did mostly knitting then, which I could take with me on my bus commute, work on in the evenings while watching TV, etc. Time in the studio sewing, etc. was sporadic.

No "bad aunt"! It's great that you waited until your nephew picked out the fabric he wanted. That's very considerate.

Tanya ~ You're reminding me that I need to check on something I thought I had ordered but haven't received yet. If I didn't actually place the order, I'd better get on it!

This week, I plan to work on the butterfly quilt, some knitting, and some cross stitch, and stay open to other possibilities!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will continue to work on the cross stitch border. It is taking more time than I thought it would. I am glad that I did not leave it to the last minute!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished on side of the border last night...looks good. Now to start the other edge!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still playing catch-up due to illness. This cough will not go away - and it makes me sound like I'm at death's door - so embarrassing! :(

Did work on runner for about an hour last night, but it was the first time I've picked it up in days.

Will try to power through and finish it up over next week or so because I need to get back to Christmas gift crafting!!!

I have last of embroidered flour sack towels to finish and a 3-4 more felt ornaments to make! Should be doable but I need to get moving!

Once Labor Day hits, I start to get nervous about unfinished crafts. Can you tell?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I will continue to work on the cross stitch border. It is taking more time than I thought it would. I am glad that I did not leave it to the last minute!

It always does! I think you have to really love to cross stitch to stick with it long enough to finish even a small chart.

I got just about to the point of backstitching on the September CCS fairy and got blood on it (from my thumb which I cut last night), so I had to stop and soak the linen right away. It will be dry by tomorrow, so hopefully, I can finish it up. Then I plan to start on a small motif for the advent mittens. Did some knitting on the scarf this evening.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh no, DahliaDoll! Hope that stain comes out! I've poked myself good many times but so far haven't drawn blood!

Now that I say that, it will happen tonight! lol

Spent about 1.5 hours or so on embroidering the runner last night. Making good progress. Almost out of floss in my main color so I will pick up more on my lunch today!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Still knitting!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yes, the blood came out just fine, and I got the stitching finished today except for one little colonial knot that I need to finish when we get home where the metallic floss is.

I did a little knitting this morning, too.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Yes! Glad it is fine now!

I put in a solid 3 hours on the runner last night. Making good progress but will need several more good nights to get it finished!

I also finished one of the 2 fall swags I'm making to decorate living room. And made a small start on the second one...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Put in another 3 hours or so on the runner last night. I'm in the home stretch now! A nine foot runner is definitely a PROJECT! But once the stem part of the embroidery is done it shouldn't take too long to add all the French knots in different shades of orange that are the berries!

Hoping to have it done this weekend!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ the runner sounds amazing. Please take photos of the finished project if you can.
DD glad that the blood came out. Phew.
Debbie, Still knitting
I am still working on the border, will do some more today hopefully. I also found a little cross stitch kit that my mum gave me a little while back with a huge hint that she would like that made. It is just a little picture of Santa so should not take too long.