Crafters Challenge September 6th-September 12th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the "BER" months!!!

Such cute things done last week.

I am hoping over the next 2 days to finish redo a lantern thing purchased last Sunday at Goodwill into a fall decoration. I ripped the Christmas decor out that was in it.

Also would like to do my Halloween and Jaymees wreath. Teigan said we would in the morning. Shall see.

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY :D HAPPY:) CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Oh my, as usual the weeks fly away from me. I did spend time looking for a few crafts to do for Christmas gifts this year without much success. I am going to make a concentrated effort today to get that done, so I can get to the fun part.... crafting.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
We are going to the lake on Tuesday, so I need to figure out what to take. Most of what I need/want to do really kind of needs to be done at home where I have all my supplies. It's easy to forget to bring something I will need. Also, my work surfaces over there are very limited. I can't spread out too much. CCS and knitting are the easiest. I'm going to take a look at the Christmas cards I've started to see if they would be a good craft candidate to take along, too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on a cardigan. Need to work a bit more on that and have it finished before the weather gets too hot. I need to tidy up some wooden pieces that I am painting and get those finished and then move on to a few other painted items. Seems that I have more projects than time.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My husband is going to help me tackle cutting our friends quilt tomorrow. After it’s cut should take no time to put the binding on. Famous last words lol.

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have the October pillowcases done as well as a table skirt for our little outside table. We are postponing our trip to the lake due to smokey air from forest fires in the area, so I might get more crafting done today. I should start my embroidery machine stitching a freestanding lace ornament while I work on something else ... sandwiching a quilt, cutting and sewing some skirts for myself, file cabinet topper, French press cozy ... da list goes on ... and on ... Althought it's nice to have options, they sometimes get overwhelming!

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finally did our fiends quilt. Ended up cutting it on the concrete driveway and used a chalk snap line to mark it. It was definitely a 2 man job. It doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would now that it’s finished. Will deliver it today at lunch.

I got a box of crafting supplies in the mail. I need a few more things but really need to go through my stash and see what I have so I don’t over buy.

I never thought I would say this but I’m glad my destiny is in the shop. One of the 4 quilts I’m working on was for my cousin that passed away last night. Will give me a chance to pull my self together before finishing the last 2.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
MM
I am sorry for your loss. May you recall happy memories of the time you spent together. Prayers for you and family as you grieve this loss. ((Hugs))

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ So sad about your cousin. Perhaps her quilt can become a prayer/comfort quilt to help console her immediate family or a donation in her memory.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Thankyou for your kind words, support and suggestions. I may give her quilt to her brother at Christmas. Something for me to think about.

Going through all my supplies this week. I found backing ( I forgot I had) for 2 of the quilts I want to make from my stash. Have backing for one of the 3 scrappy quilts too. I’m thinking I might piece together the other 2 backs I need. So I will wait on buying that. Will need to buy fabric for a few projects ( I love buying fabric lol!). The list isn’t as long as I thought.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Not as much crafting getting done as I hoped. This week I seem to be all over the place craft wise and not really focusing on any one thing.
Pj’s cut out as was the skirt. Skirt is finished. Pulled out my Christmas cards to work on them and started knitting on the hat/scarf set I‘m doing as a gift.