Crafters Challenges February 21st~~28th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finished MIL's hat last thursday... so on to something else!!

This week I'll try to make 2 felt doughnuts for dniece. They are cut. Just need to sew (I do it all by hand) and decorate.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
This is going to be a very short working week for me so not as much will be attempted. Instead of starting anything new I will finish up details of some sewing and crafting.

I'll put buttons on my new blouse and do the handwork to finish 6 pairs of sewn baby booties. Also I want to stitch the last pieces needed for the plastic canvas Christmas blocks.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Well, what do you know, I am no longer a fruitcake! Thankfully I do like fruitcake so did not really mind the label. <smile>

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished 1 felt doughnut! Will start on the other one tomorrow. After both are finished I'll take pics & let you know

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Today ends my days available for much sewing or crafting this week. I have been able to finish all the items desired, so I'm real pleased.

Quite unplanned I did grab another new project to work on for Christmas. I am making new Christmas stockings for all four of us so embroidered another top piece/cuff with a name. That makes half of them done now. The final two are shorter names so they will go fast. Later in the year I'll start the actual construction of the fleece stockings. This project did not even get started last year even though the materials were purchased.

I hope each of you are able to finish your goals this week as well. I know it isn't always easy when you have to work outside the home full time. Been there, done that too. Anything you accomplish each week though will put you that much farther ahead on Christmas and other projects while providing some relaxing activities. As some others like to say...baby steps, they all add up.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
That is GREAT Charscorner that you are moving along.

Luludou, you do a really GREAT job too, getting stuff done.

Another co-worker found out today that her baby is a girl so need to do more soxs. If I get thru the babies I may be able to start Christmas.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks, Lana.

It seems like babies come in spurts. <smile> Your detailing of the little socks makes them so adorable. They sure cannot be bought in a store! It is always special to be able hand make baby gifts. Moms seem to really appreciate their uniqueness.

It is still early, you will get to the Christmas crafting. Step by step it will happen. Over the years I have learned two key points to being successful...planning what to do then breaking the process into managable parts. Time may be a challenge but with plans in place and working in little steps progress follows. Even a little accomplishment helps complete any project or task.