Crafting Challenge recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Going to start a section where we can post recipes that we make for Christmas gifts. Will hopefully allow us to store recipes and be able to find them quickly.

• Love
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana's seasoned salt...posted November 2019,
It is the recipe for Paula Deens seasoning salt. I have been making it for several years.

1 cup kosher salt (if you look up her recipe at times it says kosher and other times table. I have made it with both.)
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup black ground pepper (freshly ground or coarse)
and this is optional---I use it some years and some years not.
1/4 cup onion powder
Mix all together and store in covered containers.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This is not a recipe or pattern but instructions on how to resize photos for posting.Thanks to Jampss

If you have a PC with Windows ... you right click on the photo and choose ‘edit’. Or you can choose ‘Open with Paint’. In that program you choose Resize. You can resize with percent or with pixels. I use 25% if I’m just wanting a small file size to upload online. Click Save.

Now this changes your file size. You may want to start off with a copy of your photo to make into a smaller size.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Shower melts.....
1 cup corn starch
2 tabs water
5-7 drops essential oil

Place the oil and corn starch in a bowl, mix well the mixture will look like crumbly powder.
Add a few drops of food colouring (optional) into the water mix into powder. Continue to mix until the colours disperse and clumps begin to form. This amount of water will not be enough to for m the paste that you want.
Continue to add a few drops of water at a time mixing well as you do.
Once you have a thick paste transfer the mix into your ice cube trays or moulds. Smooth the mixture out flat.
Freeze for on hour for the mixture to set.

To use, place one melt in the bottom of the shower and turn the water on.

This is the recipe I use and I am not 100% happy with it, (a bit crumbly). There are many different recipes on Pinterest and the Internet.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul