Creamy Crockpot Chicken

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Just found this today from a blog called Mommaskindacrafty. Sounds yummy to me!

Chicken breasts
Cream of chicken soup
Cream Cheese
Dry ranch dressing mix

Place chicken in crockpot, sprinkle with ranch mix. Add 1-2 cans of soup, depending on how much chicken you have. You want to keep the chicken covered to keep it moist. Use about 3-4 ounces of cream cheese per can of soup.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours and serve over your favorite pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.

I think I will do this on a Sunday, put it in before I leave for church and finish up when I get home. Oooo, with stuffing, even would be good. Let me know if you try it, too.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
That sounds delicious, but DH won't let me use a crock pot...too afraid something will happen.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Oh my goodness, Colleen! You are a working mom! And your DH doesn't want you to use a crockpot????????? I'm scared to death of a pressure cooker, but even now, I would be lost without my crockpot, and I live alone! They are so safe, as far as I am concerned. I hope he will change his mind on that. The manufacturers improve them all the time.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm working on my May meal plan, Pam so perfect timing!

Colleen - I would be lost without my crock pot. What if you used it on the weekends when you all were around and could keep an eye on it. My DH told me it was not any more dangerous than all the tv's, lap tops, hairdryers and toasters we leave plugged in.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Pam/Kim - I agree and believe me I've tried to convince DH that they're safe, but it made him so nervous he took ours to the cHurch thrift shop...and it was brand new! To be fair, he does do his share of the cooking!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sounds great. I do it with the cream of chicken and mushroom, but had never thought of adding Ranch and cream cheese. I like to use cream of celery...it's has lots of fiber, and I like the flavor it adds.
I need to try this variation. Who doesn't love cream cheese?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
That sounds delicious, but DH won't let me use a crock pot...too afraid something will happen.

I'd have to find something he couldn't use or he could be cooking dinner a few time a week. Save so much time.