Creepy Carnival/Haunted Circus 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I decided to explore and develop Cathymac's idea for my Halloween party theme this year. After doing some web browsing I've discovered it must be the "in" theme. I think that's quite possibly because American Horror Story this upcoming season is slotted to be a "freak show" setting.

Oriental Trade has a Big Top Terror line of products that I might buy some of but I'm also looking for creepy circus and/or carnival DYI décor. Keep me posted if you come across any ideas.

I'm also trying to develop a list of possible costumes in case people are like "well what can I be?"

Creepy Clown (of course)
Bearded Lady
Ghostly Tightrope walker

Other ideas to add to my ongoing list?

:ghost:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
On my pinterest I also have one board for clowns & carnevil.... I just discovered that theme a few weeks ago.

You need the master of cermonies too.
Circus freaks (2headed person)
Knife thrower with his Belle
Lion tamer with his lion (either a dog in costume or a stuffed toy)
Mime
Ringmaster
Strongman

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/circus-costumes.html

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I think the bearded lady is a good and fairly easy idea. I mean, you can dress it up however you like, add a beard and you are good!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ghost of a tight rope walker could work. I'm trying to get a list so when people go... "I don't know how to dress for that" ...then I'll have some ideas to suggest.

:ghost:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Friday is the party...so I'm in final countdown and I still haven't decided on a costume...I'm thinking several people are doing bearded lady...so I was thinking I could be a mime...white face, white gloves, but I'm not sure I want allo that paint on my face....hmmm....well I better get busy....