Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares Recipe

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay..NOT FAIR. I log on here..and this is the first posting I see. I'm eating my "light" subway and trying to recover from the HUGE holiday breakfast I had and you send my mind racing. Anything with pumpkin is bad enough, but DARK CHOCOLATE and Pumpkin may be a sin!! :eek:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hey, just think of it as a serving of vegetables....or fruit. lol. Apparently pumpkin, like tomatoes is actually a fruit that we mistake for a vegetable. And chocolate is made from cocoa bean, so there's a legume right there. Eggs are protein....starting to sound pretty healthy now....might just be able to justify them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
FrostyShimmer,
I think with a glass of milk it could be called a meal. Think I'll make this tomorrow and have an extra helping. I'm all for being healthy and you gotta get your veggies somehow.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Good point Ahoursesoul! It's always a good idea to get calcium, and with a glass of milk you've managed to add yet another food group!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
oh.my.gosh!

That looks so very tasty!!

:pink: (probably what I would like like if I ate a pan of these goodies!!) :rotflol:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
They look so delicious!! I am going to try these for sure!!

:party: Melanie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Excellent. We are eating it while it's still hot. I spread half of the top with the chocolate chips so I'll try some without the chocolate frosting later. I'll make this again. Would be good with nuts. A big spoon of whipping cream would be good too.

I had several problems making this recipe. First I forgot to take some butter out of the freezer. I thought I'd just give it a whirl in the microwave. Oops a little too long so I used melted butter instead of just softened. When I opened the can of pumpkin I noticed it wasn't just pumpkin but pumpkin pie filling, used it anyway. Not sure what the difference is except for spices. And it's a good thing I noticed I'd grabbed the mint chocolate chips before I stirred them in. Nice that I had some dark chocolate chips hiding in the back of the drawer. Even using the gluten-free flour didn't make a difference. A very forgiving recipe.

DH say he'd like this recipe with cranberries instead of chocolate chips. Sounds like I'll have to try it that way with cream cheese frosting. Hmmm, he ate three pieces like it is.

So try this recipe soon.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm trying to figure out how I can justify making this for Turkey day tomorrow. Since I saw the nutritionalist I am not eating anything sweet or any bread type items. I figure the pumpkin is a veggie which is good and I could stretch the chocolate into being a veggie or a bean. I might just have to pretend I'm not eating it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Turkey day must be coming, I'm craving these.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was making germam chocolate cake today and it started the pecan pie craving. Then I log on here and I'm going to die..LOL I still haven't tried these, but I just might have to very, very soon! This week we're eating German food all week, so it was a good excuse for German Chocolate Cake. I guess I'll have to eat orange food next week and pass this by. :confused: