Daughters College Graduation

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, the DD will graduate on May 15th. She did not want a grade or high school party but we are having one now. It will be on the 17th. She will have a degree in Sign Language Interpreting. I am thinking of doing her card box with a picture on each side of birth, preschool or kindergarten, 8th grade and senior picture. A vase of calla lillies (her favorite flower) and then of course a meal. Doing like little weenies, cheeseballs, she wants like spaghetti or something fast, hot dogs for kids, grape salads maybe.....menu still up in the air.
I think I will do either like a daughters graduation kit or survival kit. (Maybe mom will do one and dad the other.) Among the little funny items I thought of rolling different bills up with white paper over them and tied to look like dipolmas &/or even gift certificates. Will depend if we just decide a lump sum for her or a gift. Mostly money and GC for clothing (for the working world---hopefully) is all I can think of her needing. Her BF is getting the new phone she will need for the job.
It is going to be at our local park with access to inside and out.
Any ideals!!!!!!!!

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
This sounds wonderful.

If she doesn't already have a good computer, a brand new one (or money towards one) is the perfect present. When I graduated, I treated myself to a brand new laptop, and so did my best friend and quite a few of our other friends. And I know we've all put them to good use!

You could also get her a nice frame for her diploma if she doesn't have one already. The diploma sizes are standardized, usually by type of diploma and sometimes even by college. You can usually find the information on the university's website in the "graduation information" section.

Money to purchase a workbag of her choosing (if she doesn't already have one from an internship or co-op) is another great idea.

I'm sure she'll deeply appreciate the love and thought you have put into her party. I hope she and everyone else has a good time! :flower:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
starflake shared some great ideas! I love the workbag idea. I think anything to get her started career wise is a great gift. Money is always wonderful too.

Congratulations to your daughter on her achievement!

Lisa

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Starflake
Her BF got her a nice laptop for high school graduation. But like a leather bag thingy would be nice to keep her stuff in. GREAT IDEAL! Of course she would have to choose that. That would be like choosing a purse.........personal choice.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Last week on tv they had a graduation party (decorations, and easy snacks plus nice gifts to make )... it was on simple living... you should try their website.