DD Sweet 16 Birthday Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
After all the prep and planning, it's finally come and gone. Everything turned out beautiful, including my daughter. I wanted to share the behind the scenes photos of her Black and White party and all the little details that made it so special. You can find them all on my Confessions of a Holiday Junkie Blog below. Thanks guys for ideas and listening to me during this whole process!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Michelle - it looks like a fantastic party!!! I loved all of the decorations - especially the huge cupcakes! What an inspired idea. You really did an awesome job and I am sure that Ciara will always remember her special day and all of the love and hard work you put into it!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
What a great party! It looks like they had a blast. I love the little details that go into party planning and yours looked wonderful!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I was going to post on your blog but my internet is messing up. I'll try in a minute.

It looked like a wonderful party. i love the sound of the cupcakes and you have some very creative friends and family members. Glad she had a great time, she is a pretty girl.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Michelle~looks like a great party! I love it all! Nice job mama!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks everyone...I'm making myself get off the computer now to go wash more crock pots. I got them all rinsed last nigth and the food tossed, but I'll be setting up an assmebly line to wash them all today.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wow. This was lovely! I think the black and white theme was the way to go. Will be fun to scrap these pages.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm kind of feeling blue about the scrapbooking part. Mixed emotions with my daughter scrapbooking now. She got home that night and she immediately mentioned she was thinking about doing a whole digital album based on the party. In a way I'm happy, but I can't believe she's going to be old enough to scrap her own pages now!!! :(

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow! that was a very big party you had to set up! lots of details. You did a good job & your daughter looked great!

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
Michelle - I just checked out your blog and the Party looked like it was a huge success. You did a Great Job! I know it can be bittersweet when our daughters want to start doing their own scrapbookking, but you should still do your own. It would be interesting to see the differences!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm kind of feeling blue about the scrapbooking part. Mixed emotions with my daughter scrapbooking now. She got home that night and she immediately mentioned she was thinking about doing a whole digital album based on the party. In a way I'm happy, but I can't believe she's going to be old enough to scrap her own pages now!!! :(

This is great. While she scraps her 16th party you can scrap about one of your childhood parties. Most scrappers scrap their children's lives not realizing that once the parent dies their own stories are gone forever. Our kids will remember their own life but not the parents childhood. Now is the time to scrap your childhood.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I know it can be bittersweet when our daughters want to start doing their own scrapbookking, but you should still do your own. It would be interesting to see the differences!

I agree - won't it be fun to see what stands out in HER mind about the party and all of the little details?

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
All I can say is WOW!!! That was some party! Beautiful! You did a great job of bringing everything together. I am in awe!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It looks like it was a great party. Well done and happy birthday to DD

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It will be fun to see the difference in journaling. I'll definately be doing some pages for the family album. I'm not going COLD turkey..LOL

We were already in B & W mode because we're redoing her room this summer with a similiar color scheme.

I'm not sure if I posted this or not, but I told her I'm done with big parties till Graduation. She and her 3 cousins are all graduating the same year, so we're going to do a joint party. Not sure how we'll mix colors considering they are at rival schools, but hey we'll get the job done. 2 years and counting for that one!

No I have to plan a small surprise party for my husband in July. He's turning the big 50 and I've never had a party for him. Should be fun!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
The pics were terrific and it looks as though it was a great party.
(When my dd had her 16th birthday we had a major snowstorm. Dh spent the whole night snow blowing the drive & walkway over & over and also on the roof keeping the weight of the snow off.)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks Lana. And Lolwlias we were very lucky. The weather was beautiful that day so the kids really didn't even need jackets. It was suppose to be snowing, but it moved in a day early.

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
Man that cake looks good !