December 12th-18th 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The weeks are quickly passing us by and Christmas will be here before we know it. A big week for me as I am needed at work 4 days this week to cover for 2 people who are holidays. I refused to work the Thursday as I knew 5 days this close to Christmas would be way too much.
Here is hoping that this week is all that you need it to be.

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (X)
*washing (X)( )
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)( )
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches ( )
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 20
*update planner ( )
*tidy gift closet ( )
*continue looking for stocking fillers and gifts (/) I think I have finished for now, need to start on next year.

Extras:

*Exercise at least 3 days (X) (X) (X)
*Connect with family via phone (X)
*Dinner with DD Sunday (X)
*Groceries with Mum Thursday (X)
*Christmas lights with Mum Thursday night (X)
*Library pickup/drop off ( )
*Showing of ELF with DD Saturday (X)
*Dinner and Christmas lights with family Saturday (X)

5 small chores:
1)Wash platters and crockery for Saturday (X)
2)Make ice cubes (X)
3)Pack snacks and water for Thursday night (X)
4)
5) Worked all week so did not do 5 chores

Word of the Year:
IMPROVE

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, that is wonderful that you knew what would be right for you with the work schedule this week!

There has been a lot going on in the family since the end of October and it hasn't slowed down except for four days this past week when I got caught on on house work. I'm still very far behind in my Christmas preparations and it is an awful feeling. It's very reminiscent to the Christmas 2000 that caused me to seek out the Christmas Countdown and then HHP.

I am keeping my typical list going if only to make this week seem normal. I am going to only do the things that need to be done for this week.

This Week
  • Stretches/Cardio
  • Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills:
  • Correspondence: Family History group;
  • Appts: Monday: Late Pick Up; Video Call; Wednesday: Late Pick Up Thursday: Early Drop Off, Evening Concert; Friday - Afternoon Pick Up; Late Afternoon Pick Up
  • Menu Planning
  • Do weekly reflection.
  • Staple reflection papers to the planner pages.
  • HHP
  • Start Working off Christmas Brunch Timeline
  • Craft:
    • Ice/Icicles
    • Ornaments

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, understand that feeling of panic and being overwhelmed. You will be OK. Chip away at the most important things first and then see what is left. You are one of the most organised people I know so can confidently say that you will do OK. I think the first thing to do is take a deep breath and then dive in. XOXO

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
A big week for me as I am needed at work 4 days this week to cover for 2 people who are holidays.
At our office, no one can take off vacation time from the beginning of October through the end of February due to the overload of patients seen during that time.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mary, in 1985, my dad had major open heart surgery in New Orleans. He had an aneurysm of his Aorta around December 13th and was still in the hospital on Christmas. My sisters came, along with the grandchildren, and we celebrated Christmas that year in a hotel room at the Brentley House.

With all that you have going on, it's okay for things to not be "normal" this year or even close to what you're accustomed to having. Like Katrina said, do what's most important...whatever that is for you. Is it having the foods you normally have? Is it making sure everyone gets at least one present? Is it putting only a small tree somewhere (we had a 2 foot tree on the countertop in the hotel room)? The house will be what it is.

I would think the most important thing to everyone will be having the opportunity to be with the ones they love (and all that's happened has probably heightened the awareness for everyone of how important that really is and that it shouldn't be taken for granted that everyone will be there next year). They won't care a whit whether or not the house is perfect. This year, it's going to be about relationships probably. I'm sure everyone will be thankful that you're allowing them the use of your home. You're such a gracious person. You'll be okay through all of this.

(((Hugs)))

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thank you, all! I offered to host a lunch on Saturday following the funeral in the morning. We are really close to the church. However, my parents will host something at their house. They are 45 minutes away but everyone thought since I'm hosting Christmas brunch on Sunday, it would be too much to ask.

I have made a list of non-negotiables for this week and on that list are things that make Christmas seem like Christmas to me. I went out in our back yard and cut some fresh pine, evergreen, and juniper and put them in old bottles in the kitchen. I made a mixed green arrangement from the leftovers and added boxwood and winterberry to the vase and put the flowers in the bathroom.

I had a lot of small crafts that I was going to make while watching tv but I haven't had time to watch tv and craft. I put them in a basket and have decided to work on them in January and February for next year. I have a lot to do yet so I'll best be going!