December 14th-19th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Seems like I was just saying this (but has been an year) we are down to the week of Christmas after this challenge.

I will get done...... a stocking, bag for a walker, sweatshirt and Teigan a purse!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have had to put crafting aside for the end of the year now, I have too many other things to concentrate on.

It has been a good year and I have managed to get most of the things on my list done. I have started writing a new list for next year and started getting the supplies ready.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I managed to finish a ton of smaller things last week and two larger projects that were nearly done, and got packages wrapped and mailed.

This week, I have a few free days to finish the soft book for "day in the life of baby" and socks I'm knitting for DSonIL. I finally rounded the heels on the socks, so it's straight knitting from here on. That should do it for Christmas gifts.

I'm really looking forward to after Christmas crafting with a little less stress, although I still have my work cut out for me!

Wishing you all a successful crafting week!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
Good morning! I am making a plan of action later today and I will know what crafts I have to do once that is done. I do know that I need to make salt dough ornaments of the baby's handprint. Just not sure how many yet.

Have a productive day!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have a couple of things that I really need to finish up by the end of this week so hopefully I can get them done.

red/green wreath
snowman wreath
2 santa wine glasses going out to spray paint them in a min
Kali's tulle wreath (if this doesn't get done oh well I have went out and bought her something for Christmas and her room isn't done yet anyways)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I enlarged the purse pattern this a.m. from the size for and American Girl Doll to a Teigan size ( I think) so am getting ready to work on that. Will have to size the straps but that shouldn't be bad.

Would like to cut out the stocking for Jaymee tonight yet too.

Then just a few ornaments to finish (will sew their skirts by hand at work--lunch) and just hot glue then.

Then a couple items for my great aunt.

Going to go change laundry out and start on purse.

Good to see everybody finishing up!

momof9--happy to have you posting.

Oh I forgot I have the table runner to do for Jaymee of Teigans hand and feet print!!! Better get it out.

I brought a wooden tray last night to make Jaymee one of the portable small ironing tables. I have a tray in garage that I purchased from a flea market to make me one, this past summer and it isn't done yet either. Maybe when we do this one--mine will get done too.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got the wine glasses and red and green wreath done. Just need to figure out where I put the stuff to do hat, nose and face for snowman wreath and that will be done. Now all that is left is the snowman hurricane glass and Kali's wreath which I may work on before heading to bed I have had the last three days off and have a feeling its going to be hard to get up at 4 am tomorrow. I may just roll mesh for something that Kenny is making for my mom with the hurricane glass not sure yet

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I made Teigans purse yesterday--last night. I enlarged it from a small pattern so we had to guess at the handle with and the piece in the middle but not bad. I ended up topstitching around the top to adjust the handles to the side but all in all I am happy---will know if I do again.

The pictures on my blog are showing up HUGE and I called about it and they said it was fine and to hit control and scroll and makes it littler but.... I think if you go to my blog---don't you see the pictures huge or not? Haven't put the purse one up yet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana, they are quite big... take up 3/4 of the page.
By the way did you do the ornaments with your sewing machine? They are beautiful :) tks!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, baby dolls hooded towel is great.
P.S I think you could have squeezed a few more stickers on Teigan's card LOL!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Nice to see some progress being made by many here. Lana, very nice work. Yes, the pictures are big on my screen, too.

On the home stretch here and feeling confident that I'll be ready for Christmas. Baking is done; have a little hand-tacking to do on the last soft book; and the socks are nearing completion. That will do it!

I'm close enough to completing all my Christmas crafts that I'm beginning to look ahead to after Christmas crafting. The first order of business will be to complete the CCS Fairy Calendar motifs and have them ready for monthly mailing to DGD. Then, I want to finish up a woodland animals quilt for DD's baby due in February. Then on to Advent ornaments for the two new babies (CCS mittens for Sonja and machine embroidery stockings for baby Fuchs). As I work on the Advent ornaments, I need to be working on quilting the king size quilt. I'll be checking out renting a long arm machine at a local quilt shop. I also have some items I'd like to make for myself, as well as some girlfriend gifts (which have been placed on the back burner this Christmas due to baby crafts). Can you tell, I'm really anxious to change gears here!

Best wishes to all in your craft adventures!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Actually finished 7 ginger women ornaments! Just have to put the fishing string on them for hangers.

Now I will move on to the stocking (it is cut out), or walker bag. The table runner I was going to do I might let Jaymee decide if she wants a runner or to frame it. From Teigans hand and foot print. Then maybe a sweatshirt but not sure now of the material I was thinking with it so might be a gift card.

Work comes first tho for 1/2 a day and then my helper will come.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana the purse is very cute

I got snowman wreath done after I got home yesterday. I need to make up another set of snowman wine glasses for one of Kayla's teachers either today or tomorrow. Hoping to get to Joannes to get star wars fleece today or tomorrow to make Kenny a new blanket and one for his best friend. He also asked me if I would get fleece so he can make a blanket for his girlfriend so I guess I am not done. I told my niece she will get her wreath for her birthday in April and she is fine with that as long as I made her something which I already did. If I find orange glitter spray paint I have to make a SU themed snowman wine glass set for one of Kenny's teachers also. I don't have time to order online and have done before they get out of school on Wednesday.