December 2019, Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I find it so hard to do anything in December. I have lots of things packed away because I have Christmas decor out.
Am looking forward to January when the great decluttering starts again.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have stuff that's been sitting around waiting for me to donate. I'm dropping off stuff today to my cousin. Hopefully on Saturday morning I can get the rest dropped off.

I did go through the catalogs that have been coming in since October and recycled them.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
The grandparents just drove back from visiting Chicago where my half-sis sent back bags of clothes. DD27 and I went through them and then donated yesterday what we couldn't use. And ... my friend had some donation stuff and so we took that, too!

When DD moved to Vermont in November, we took out the Christmas decorations and she took some things, and I purged some and so that was donated last month.

Last year, January and February, DD had us doing Marie Kondo de-cluttering and wow ... we went through every room, drawer, closet, etc. That felt good! Lots went to donation.

This January will be easier to go through and see IF items are really something to hold onto ... or not.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking forward to starting a deep decluttering again in the New Year. I have been doing very well in the past but I know that there are items that can go.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Looking forward to starting a deep decluttering again in the New Year. I have been doing very well in the past but I know that there are items that can go.
Katrina, this will be a great time to purge the items we were indecisive about the first time. I am hoping to have the courage to let it go. I tend to say but I might do something with it. I taught after school themed classes and have a lot of craft items I know I won’t use. It will be time to let go.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, I tend to hold on to things "in case". We call these "come in handys". I have things that I have not used for many years but can still not let them go. Maybe this will be the year to let it go!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I found myself in my 6 yr olds room scamming thru her clothes yet again... lol just done it a month ago, mayb... but I got a call from my sister in law, whom was searching for clothes my dd size. as there was a home fire with a girl at her worlk.....so what do i do. go back thru them... now I can actually thumb thru her closet only... no clothes in a dresser, other than her 2 drawers made into her bed.... yaaaaaaaaaa.
this makes me feel sooo much better...I was always the one that thought kids needed alot of clothes as they may change 2 or 3 times a day when home ... but u know what..... .i do laundry every single day or every other day. so why in the world does a child need 27 shirts????? lol nope... not anymore....

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
.i do laundry every single day or every other day. so why in the world does a child need 27 shirts????? lol nope... not anymore....
I got to this stage too with my own clothes. I got rid of a lot and I am happy with what I have left.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a small bag of stuffed toys for Goodwill.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The clothes were dropped off at my cousins and everything else went to a donation center.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I went through my clothes yesterday and found some donations. I also did another look through the Christmas decor as I put it away and had a few things to donate there also. Thus ends Clearing Out The Clutter 2019!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve decluttered and cleaned my sewing room. I have my stack of unfinished projects. I’m either finishing, recycle or pitch. Feels good to have it cleaned and organized.
In January I will declutter Christmas as it gets put away. I’ll also do my basement. I’ll declutter wrapping and reorganize my gift storage and other holidays. Maybe my husband can declutter his half of the basement too.
I’m the same way about “letting go” of things. Especially things that were mom and grandmas. I’m a “just in case” person too. You never know when you might need “something”. The problem is I have a house full of “something” just in case I might need it. I am getting better. I have a box of sewing stuff of moms that I’ve moved around the last 9 years and never used - I put it in the thrift store pile tonight.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I’m the same way about “letting go” of things.
This is one of my biggest issues. I am sentimental, I keep a lot of things for that reason.
I also have some clothes that might fit if I lose weight. If I lose weight I will celebrate by buying new clothes.
I do have a few things that I keep 'just in case' so maybe I can re evaluate that as well.