December 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yesterday we sent a BIG plastic toy mountain with cars, boats & helicopter to ds' house for Xavier, cleared up space in the attic... and I do NOT want it back afterwards.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was working on clearing space in my closet for storing gifts and discovered that I have a ton of socks that I wasn't wearing. I got rid of those as well as small bits and pieces of wrapping paper that are too small to use.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am hoping to declutter so Christmas decor as I am setting up.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Took a carload of things to the thrift shop. Our old Christmas tree and things over the last several weeks I decided we could do without. I was pretty good while wondering though the shop. My big purchase was 4 yards of Velcro for $1.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I started putting together another bag for the vets. So far there's yarn in it and there will be a vase shortly.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I guess some excess items that have been getting stored for awhile will leave---when gifts are handed out! LOL! My room will be alittle emptier.

Hoping to get some stuff moved out while Jaymee is on break if it isn't bad weather and she feels up to it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jody- That's exactly how my home office got taken over! My sister and I had spent so many weekends clearing out our parents house. With the help of 2 brothers and an aunt and uncle but the main work was left to us girls.
We got to where there was a corner of "this and that" in the garage and we were all so over it, I told everyone to bring the stuff to my house.
Well, guess what- 2 years later I have barely touched it.
I MUST deal with this stuff in 2021!! I want my office back!

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spent time decluttering today while trying to find my missing address list and cards. I got one bag of paper out from the office drawer. I got all the empty mailing boxes and wrapping tubes out of the bedroom. I filled one small bag with shredded bills, etc. I have 3 garbage bags ready for the trash and 3 paper bags ready for recycling.

So much space cleared up that I'm tempted to save the packaging boxes and start decluttering books and other areas of the house before Christmas. I usually start in January.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DS ruined his pot last night (t-fal) with the mixer... so I gave him the one I was supposed to throw out (had bought another better one) but it was still good so I had kept. finally some more space in the kitchen cabinet!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We made strides in getting this house decluttered until Christmas got here. It's hard to tell what was done now. Just told Ashley it needs to be a goal for 2021 to get more stuff out of here.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I mentioned to the family that if gift boxes, gift bags and/or tissue paper are falling apart to please toss it. Much of these items are 10- 15 years or older. A few made it to the recycle pile.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, we have been using the same gift bags for many years, a few needed to be tossed this year.

DH has moved out to his own house 3 hours away from ours. I now have an empty sunroom and another empty bedroom. He took most of his things with him and will take more when he comes back to visit. I think this would count as decluttering.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Mary, we have been using the same gift bags for many years, a few needed to be tossed this year.

DH has moved out to his own house 3 hours away from ours. I now have an empty sunroom and another empty bedroom. He took most of his things with him and will take more when he comes back to visit. I think this would count as decluttering.
It does! I counted it as decluttering when mine moved out. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking forward to decluttering and organising the house for 2021. Keen to get going.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
I was sitting here thinking of what to put on my to do list for today and you all have inspired me to empty my totes of Christmas things I don't use (save just in case I could use them next year) and offer them to my girls before talking them to goodwill. Thanks for getting me into the decluttering mood!

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
No laughing.....but I have saved Christmas cards!!!!! ......for years!!!!! I have begun the process of going through them, saving some, cutting some in half and using the front picture for my December Daily........personal goal,......to at least put them in a smaller box........

Laurie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2 sets of lights that still work but want to replace with fairy lights above the kitchen cabinets are in the donation bag and a few christmas window decals.

Reactions: jampss