December 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH is in our room sorting through his wardrobe. It really is a Christmas miracle. Hoping to get some things out of the house today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Gave away 2 children's wooden desk I had at mil's to a neighbor.

DH has a small box of stuff to throw away from his cleaning the basement... ugggg... I thought he'd get rid of more than that

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, when DH cleaned his closet he got rid of 1 small grocery bag of stuff.. :rolleyes:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Any small bit of a mans declutter counts as twice as much. It is so hard for some of them to part with items, useful or the useless
Why is that? I think that they think most of the household stuff belongs to us and what they lay claim to is all they have and they have a need to hold on to what little they have. Excuse me, most things in the house we share.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
No laughing.....but I have saved Christmas cards!!!!! ......for years!!!!! I have begun the process of going through them, saving some, cutting some in half and using the front picture for my December Daily........personal goal,......to at least put them in a smaller box........
I have save cards too. I went through twenty years of them a few years back. I saved the ones from all of my deceased friends and family. I was nice to see their notes and their handwriting.

Dh and I are slowly starting to declutter the office. It's been non-stop crazy busy work for him since his work has moved to all remote. He has off today, tomorrow and the weekend. We are going to use this time to really go through things that have accumulated in there during the past nine months.

Most of the clutter is my stuff. I think I'll box all of that up and move it to the family room for me to sort through next week. I also have three wall units that are filled with books from my teaching days. I went through one unit. I have three boxes of books to give away. 2 more units to go through...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am still off work until January 11th. I have a few more things that I would like to get rid of but I find it easier to do when DH is not here. The hardest thing at the moment is finding a place that will accept donations.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am on vacation next week- January 4-8 and my big project is to work on decluttering my office.
Magazines and paperwork are an issue for me so my goal is to pare that stuff down!
I also have a Goodwill box started.

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
No laughing.....but I have saved Christmas cards!!!!! ......for years!!!!! I have begun the process of going through them, saving some, cutting some in half and using the front picture for my December Daily........personal goal,......to at least put them in a smaller box........

Laurie
I know, right?! They are sooooooo pretty! I used to have a pattern to make a crocheted basket with the cards. Crochet around the cut out card that was hole punched ....

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My grandmother did too. She also made book marks the exact same way.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, that sounds wonderful. Did you have a crocheted doll that sat on a spare toilet roll? My Nanna made those and crocheted bed socks.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Lana, that sounds wonderful. Did you have a crocheted doll that sat on a spare toilet roll? My Nanna made those and crocheted bed socks.
Oh my goodness, I forgot about those crocheted dolls! My grandmother did those too. I was always baffled as a kid why a Barbie doll was on the back of the toilet at my grandparents' house. They didn't have toys anywhere else. It wasn't until I was much older that I found out the dress hid the toilet paper roll. :D

• Haha
Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It wasn't until I was much older that I found out the dress hid the toilet paper roll. :D
Mary, I thought it was pretty cool because I loved Barbie but could not for the life of me figure out why she was on the loo. I am pretty sure that that toilet paper was NEVER used because we had to get a spare roll from under the sink if we needed one.