December 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A great deal of recyclables were picked up yesterday and I've started a new donations bag for clothing, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing a reverse de cluttering!!. My spare room is filled to the brink at the moment with all things Christmas. It will be January before I get back on track.
On a positive note I did cull a few items when I decorated for Christmas.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
A zillion things I need to be doing but last night started cleaning in Teigan's room. I got about 1 1/2 bags of trash. Threw away papers that we have played doctors with, some catalogs and such that we use in playing. Old makeup, empty make up and makeup with not all parts to it. (lid etc.) Some toys that I couldn't find all the pieces. Some towels that she had in there and used with makeup. That crap doesn't come off easy. Some boxes we had in there went into trash.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
This morning, I took old blankets for the pet shelter side of the Humane Society and then a box of odds and ends for the thrift store side from yesterday’s clean out of my life coach friend’s garage.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DD25 bought me a rechargeable LED light strip for my closet. I put it to good use by doing a mini closet clean-out. The consignment shop will start taking spring/summer clothes in February. I want to be ready to take them as soon as they start accepting. They fill up fast and stop taking consignments when they're full.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm taking 3 books to the used book store. I had them sitting in the corner of the living. When tidying up for CE,
I put them in my car.
They are all quite new too. I don't think they are ones my SIL or niece would care for.

Annie

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I pulled out a set of 4 Christmas dishesI have not used in a few years. They will go to a thrift store.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
  • 2 winter garlands
  • Silver branches
  • 1 pj bottom
  • Christmas earrings (to dniece)
  • Book likght (to dniece)
  • Christmas pin to mom (but this might be coming back at some point)
  • 1 lighted wine bottle (to dd)
  • 1 small poinsettia from the dollarstore (used to be at my desk at the office)
  • Bird ornament
  • 2 styrofoam tunnels for the train (recycling).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I broke one Christmas decoration which made me sad, but silver lining, I did some decluttering lol
A few older Christmas items that I no longer need or like went into a bag.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Many reusable shopping bags from the back of my car.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
  • Feather down comforter (to dniece)
  • 8 plastic candy cane ornaments
  • 1 bear ornament
  • 1 knit ball ornament
  • 2 angel ornaments
  • dog in a bag ornament
  • A bag of about a dozen mixed ornaments

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, I'm sad about your ornament, but I'm glad you can see a bright side.

One beside-the-sink organizer gone. It had no drain tray and water drained through the bottom onto the cabinet. DH got me a new one for Christmas that has a drain tray. So....was it really decluttering??!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
So....was it really decluttering??!!
Yes, absolutely. Anything that is not useful or is not needed is clutter. If it is gone it is decluttered.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Will be sorting through my holiday linens for the donation pile. I've already got numeorus Christmas dish towels set aside for donation. Also going are several travel coffee mugs. DD and DSIL got me a Yeti for Christmas, so those others can't compare. These will include two Paula Deen travel mugs from my last visit to Hilton Head and Savannah with DH. I have the cookbook DH got me for Christmas that year for good memories; I don't need two travel mugs that don't keep beverages as warm as the Yeti does.