December 6th - December 12th 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We are less than 3 weeks to Christmas! I'm adding in my HHP work here this week to keep me really on track. I'm doing good with things so far but we all know how life is. For the last three years or so, the week leading to Christmas has some kind of cRaZineSs happen here unexpectedly. I'd like to really prioritize what needs to get done by the Dec. 18th.

• Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills: College, phone
  • Call:
  • Make a grocery list.
  • Buy groceries.
  • HHP
    • Do a final pre-holiday whole-house clean.
    • Continue to wrap gifts.
    • Work on virtual scavenger hunt.
    • Plan Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day menus.
    • Update address book.
    • Finish up Christmas cards.
    • Make Christmas ornament.
    • Finish Christmas craft home décor.
    • Make cookie dough this week and freeze.
    • Check cameras and camcorders.
      • Upload photos from camera to computer.
      • Delete photos from camera to allow more space for Christmas photos.
  • FlyLady: Kitchen
    • Dust top of fan.
    • Clean oven.
    • Clean microwave.
    • Clean out the refrigerator.
    • Wipe down cabinets and appliances.
    • Wash floor.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down the trash can.
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm set for Christmas, just need to do ordinary chores.

Mary would love to hear more about the virtual scavenger hunt.

I think we need to do more games... we say so every year. Last year we did a few and it was alot of fun.

Since we can not go anywhere and nobody can come much less to do this year... no one sleeping over (except dd), so will not do any cooking, might make just 1 kind of cookies. we will buy some fancy-pansy food for me, dd & ds... the others just want 'regular'. I did order a tourtière (usually for 30 people) but ordered just for 15 this year NY's. DS says he is making his 1st turkey for Christmas.

Reactions: jampss

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I was just coming to see if there was a thread started for this week! Thank you Mary!

School Tasks:
[X] Complete Task 2
[X] Complete Tasks 3 and 4
[X] Complete revisions

[ ] Facilitator Appointment (Sat)
[ ] Set up scavenger hunt for students to do at recess one day the last week of school

Gifts:
[/] Purchase elf basket items and deliver basket
[ ] Purchase Secret Santa gift
[ ] Finalize HT gift and purchase item(s)
[X] Finalize baking plan and purchase missing ingredients
[ ] Decide what is left to purchase for kids
[ ] Work on stocking stuffers
[ ] Baking marathon weekend- Sugar cookies, Gingerbread people, Peanut Blossoms, PB Balls, Oreo Balls, Rolo/Pretzel treats, Peppermint Bark (not set in stone and I may take some things off if it gets too overwhelming)
[ ] Decide if we're sending friends a box- will most likely miss shipping deadline for mainland

Appointments/Important:
[X] Perry Vet (Tue- DS will take him)
[X] DS wisdom teeth removed (Wed- DH will take him)
[X] Official end of DT!!! (Fri)
[X] DD and Eli Orthodontic appointments (Sat)

Personal:
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] Daily Silk & Sonder planner/journal
[-] [-] [-] [X] [-] Walk nightly
[X] [-] [X] [X] [-] Read nightly
[ ] Clean random areas like walls and baseboards as I have time or see them

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that I will have a little quieter week so am pleased about that, Hoping to get a bit more on track with things in the last few weeks. Glad that I wrapped and shopped early.

Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time,

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair ( )
*shave legs ()
*self tanner ( )
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*ironing ( )
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms ( )
*meal plan ( )
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book ( )
*books back to library if needed (X)
*pick up books ( -)
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training ( ) on break now until January

Extras:
*post domestic cards Monday (X)
*5 small maintenance chores ( ) not now, doing HGP
*a bit more decorating ( )
*Mend 2 pairs of trousers ( )
*baking at Mum's Thursday (X)
*DrillDance planning day Saturday (X)

Word of the Year:
Appreciate

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Lucie,

It's a work in progress and I'm working through the details in my mind trying to figure out how to make it work for the families. Here's what I can tell you at this point. We know we are getting together and I'm hosting on the day and time that I typically host. My siblings and their families don't know it's going to be a scavenger hunt yet. My kids know because I ran it by them and my husband. However, I'm not telling them any more details so that they can enjoy the time too.

I'm coming up with a list of Christmas things around the house (Christmas tree, Santa, etc.). I'm also going to set up some activities for my siblings and their families to do at home (i.e. Make a snowflake with items found at home). I thought it would be fun if the families got out of the house for a drive during that time. I'm making a list of things seen while out driving (Inflatable snowman, creche, etc.). They will have to take pictures of the themselves with all of the items on the list. Then they can send me the pictures. Points will be given for the items. Extra points will be for extra things like "Take a team picture of everyone in front of your Christmas tree. 5 pts. 5 additional points if each member in that picture is holding a Christmas mug with a candy cane in it."

I sent an email this morning with a reminder date. It also said that they should be ready to compete, that extra points will be given for a festive team name and that more details will be sent on Sunday, December 13th. I thought this would generate conversation for the families and a bit of intrigue. Next week, I'll send another reminder and mention some other way to earn extra points. Then the day before, I'll send out the last reminder email with the final extra point earner before the competition starts. The morning of the virtual gathering, I'll send out an email with the Zoom link. Once everyone checks in on Zoom, I'll tell them it's a scavenger hunt. I'll email the rules and the list. I still have to write out the rules and figure out how long to allow for the hunt before everyone checks in again.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary, this sounds amazing and so fun! I wonder if it's something we could do here on MHH for fun?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Go for it, Jess!

I haven't had a chance to get to cleaning or holiday prep this week. And I forgot that I have an Austen Book Club meeting tomorrow. I still haven't even done any reading.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I tested out the mint extract that I made in the spring. It was not what I was expecting. It smells like weak mint tea and alcohol. The smell is nothing like the extract from the store. I would not recommend wasting any time or money making mint extract. I'm glad I tried. It killed time during the shutdown but that was all.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I have had a few fails this year too. The shower melts I tried were a fail. too crumbly. Will look for other ideas for next year.