December 7th - Final Clean Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Well, we have spent many, many weeks cleaning and decluttering the house. But this week is the final week -- for a whole-house cleaning and polishing! time to get things back in order this week -- after the turmoil of decorating, shopping, etc. etc.

This is the week to finish up last-minute Christmas chores too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm not into too bad a shape but I DO need next weekend to complete everything.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
NURSEMOMTOTHREE --- You moved 1,000 miles this fall! You had to get new doctors, new schools -- new everything! You get a pass this year!

I am overwhelmed with things piled up everywhere! Every room needs work. AND --- lots of Christmas things need to be done! YIKES!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My house looks pretty good - I think!!

I need to buy stocking stuffers for DH and I need to wrap everything. If I can't get the wrapping done this week, I can wait until the weekend when DH and the kids go to visit Gramma and Grampa. Last weekend was canceled because of the blizzard!!

I need to make a grocery list for what we need for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner.

Feeling pretty good about things this week!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sometimes I get to a place where -- I am cleaning and working and doing things -- and nothing shows! It looks the same to me! I have to get over some invisible mountain-top -- and start on the downhill side --- and THEN, finally, my actions begin to SHOW results. I HATE it when I am in the place where results DO NOT show!

OK -- I am going off to work in the bedroom. Oh -- first, I will finish cleaning up the kitchen from dinner. then.... I will go in to the bedroom. If I can just find something fascinating on TV -- or find something Christmassy -- then, I can work and work -- and NOT be aware of time passing!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
The house is in pretty good shape. (Can't say the same for Gift Shopping, Christmas cards and holiday shipping deadlines). The kitchen is driving me insane though. Not the dishes, but "Stuff" is piling up on the counters faster than I can get rid of it. Today I'm getting the wicker laundry basket out, dumping everything in it and I'll redistribute all the items to the the beds of their respective owners. (Love that laundry basket! Not sure how I every lived without it!)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
The house is in pretty good shape. (Can't say the same for Gift Shopping, Christmas cards and holiday shipping deadlines). The kitchen is driving me insane though. Not the dishes, but "Stuff" is piling up on the counters faster than I can get rid of it. Today I'm getting the wicker laundry basket out, dumping everything in it and I'll redistribute all the items to the the beds of their respective owners. (Love that laundry basket! Not sure how I every lived without it!)

Oh, I can relate to the counter clutter! What is it about that space that just seems to attract the strangest things? On mine this morning? (Aside from the usual junk mail, baby bottles and school papers) a tire iron, a rubber spider and PlayDoh!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I took a big box to the post office today -- to send to ds#1, ddil@1, and dgd in Seattle. In fact -- it was a plastic storage box. The postmistress said that I could tape it up and send it as it was -- it was strong enough. I got the idea from seeing somebody mail A SUITCASE full of stuff! Apparently - if the container is strong enough - and is not covered with bar codes -- you can ship things in it!

On the home front -- my ddil#2 has found a place that will take all extra decorations wrapping things, etc. -- and she will take it tomorrow when she goes in to work! Hurray!I can get rid of a lot of stuff -- and feel happy that it is going to a very good cause!

Tomorrow is the day we put out trash and recycling -- for pickup early Friday morning. So -- tomorrow is a great day for me to get things Out The Door!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I'm doing okay .... some weeks were more successful for me than others, but overall I feel like this was a good HHP time for me and I don't have all that much to do as far as cleaning this week (not to say it is spotless, just that my standards are to where I don't care as much and I'm focusing more on enjoying the month ... Jumpstart January will be here soon enough for the "spotless" part LOL)

I have some gifts to wrap (eek! I haven't wrapped a single one!) and a few little odds and ends to finish up, but overall I'm happy and I know that is in part thanks to YOU for the motivation and friendship here!

Love the laundry basket idea for getting things back to where they need to go (or at least the general area!)

Best Wishes,
Kara

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
You know how you wake up some mornings.... you're still tired..... and if you just get the routine stuff done -- that will be all you can do.

And then --- Once In A Blue Moon --- you wake up with extra energy! You look around and say --- I'm just going to clean this place up today! Not..... oh, I've got to..... or - oh, this is so horrible..... You just waked up in the mood to clean things up?

Well --- it happened to me today! Oh My Gosh! I can't remember the last time I felt like this!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
SparkleNana, that's great! I love that feeling!! (Didn't wake up with it this morning, so maybe coffee will help). Today things need to happen. I'm getting the shipping packages put together, cards finished and much baking done (or at least set up and frozen). And your post is just what I needed to get moving!!! Here I go!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Next week will be our "Nearly There Week". During next week, we are supposed to be doing "Our Minimum Maintenance Routine" and enjoying holiday fun. I understand that having a "Minimum Maintenance Routine" is a very very good idea. During 2010, I will try to get mine to a much stronger state.

At this point -- I am pretty good with maintaining "Dinner, dishes and duds". Which means, keeping the laundry going for clean clothes. Keeping food in the house and putting a tasty dinner on the table each night. And keeping the dishes under control so the kitchen is useable. (This last is my weak point).