December 8th-14th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So getting into about the middle of the month!

I have had a hiccup or 2 this past week or so ....... Allen is in hospital now.

I still hope to get a baby doll blanket or 2 done for Teigan for her new stroller. Want them alittle longer and wider than the couple she has now. Won't take long if I can just sit and do.

Would also like to make a few more jar openers. Have given some away in the early gifts I made and delivered.

Also a scarf for mom and one for Teigan.

Teigans bday is January 25th so if I do not complete her stuff for Christmas I will for her then.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody stay healthy and safe!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Disappointed with the fabric range at my local fabric store. I really should go to one of the big craft stores over the other side of town, if I am going to do that I need to make the trip worthwhile. I would need to sit with a plan of what else I need to buy. Will think this over.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We will get home late Monday night. Tuesday I will be going to Open Sew for a day of sewing (on the Dirndl). Thursday I hope to go to Stitched Together. Would like to get the Dirndl finished and perhaps a start on the growth chart this week.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ornaments are finished and wrapped. Happy that is done.
I want to fix my table cloth today. Need to do some measuring yet. But it shouldn’t take long to do.

I found the fabric I want to use for the 4 quilts I’m making for gifts for next year. I’ll need 16 yards. The online source I found has 14 and I found some ( not much) in a quilt shop. I should order now but I want to wait until after we pay bills. the pattern uses fat quarter bundles for the blocks, which I won’t be using so I still need to calculate how much I need for the different blocks. Thankfully I already have my backing and I bought a roll of batting at Joann’s over thanksgiving.
Have a productive fun week everyone!

Reactions: Lana

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
99% finished with both boot covers for DS's costume for school (Historical person "report") - will have to pull all the various elements of the costume together tonight - once again - THANK GOODNESS for hot glue guns!!! I'm going to use that to finish things up vs. sewing tonight!

I need to finish the DIY Vinyl Coffee Mug project - I have everything - I just need to do it.

And creating "Rein-Beer" out of a 6 pack of Miller Lite :)

Then it's time to start planning next years crafting list! Already having ideas! :D

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got the tops of the placemats finished yesterday and a couple repeats on the shawl pattern done.
Hoping to get the placemats finished today or at least to the hand sewing of the binding to the back and that part I can do while watching a movie or two.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DH's costume turned out well - one less thing to worry about now!

Made 10 placecards last night for Christmas Murder Mystery (work team event) I'm hosting on Friday. Dickens theme this time and I need to pull together a costume for my character...

Plan to do vinyl on coffee mug and the rein-beer this Sunday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Unpulled some of the knitted dish cloths, decided to make little face cloths instead. Will give them to DD with some make up remover.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I made about a dozen fabric bird ornaments They needed stuffing. Ran out and have about 5 more to fill. They need a string attached which I will do tonight.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Oh my days are so full! I was able to work on the Dirndl for a while yesterday afternoon. When I came to the dreaded zipper step, I decided to wait and do it when I was fresher. There's still a lot to do, including yards and yards of trim around the skirt, sewing the apron and adding more trim to it, experimenting with the Dirndl hooks and lacing options...

I'll be gone most of the day today to a fabric store and a sewing club meeting. She will drive, so I will have a chance to get more knitting done on the socks.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Have the machine part of sewing the binding on done on five of the placemats. Had to run to the fabric store for more material for the sixth one. Thankfully the fabric was still on sale. Will get it prewashed tonight and work on doing the hand stitching on the others.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The Dirndl is coming together. I worked nearly all day yesterday on it (till nearly 4 pm when I finally got dressed LOL). The dress just needs to have one row of trim stitched to the bottom of the skirt and the addition of the Dirndl hooks and lacing (which I might make myself out of the apron fabric). The apron needs one row of trim stitch to it, then hem the sides, gather/pleat the top and sew on the tie. The trims are already pinned in place, so I just need to straight stitch them down. So close and I really like how it's looking!

I'm continuing to knit the second pair of socks (since I can't find the first pair). I have my life lines in place and am ready to start the heels.

This morning I thought of something I should add to my list and now I've forgotten what it is! Edited to add: I remember now. I need to stain the basket I made that I want to give to DD#1.

Last edited:

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got four of the placemats completely finished. The binding machine sewn to the sixth and a rectangle table topper done today. Used a sew and turn for the topper and than I quilted it.
Just need to hand stitch the opening close on the topper and hand sew the binding to the back of the two remaining placemats.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, jar openers sound interesting. Can you post a photo later?