December Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I know that I will most likely be the only one in December but if I don't make myself accountable somehow I will never get this basement done. We would like to use part of it for people to use on Christmas day, hopefully. Plus I still have many Christmas presents to get done and too cold to do them outside. So I am back to the basement for a few hours tonight then hopefully have it finished before returning to work on Tuesday

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
As I unpack Christmas boxes I'm decluttering. I sent home a bag of things with LC1 that she is going to use as gifts from my gift closet. I figure if I've had something a few years someone can gift it.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ahorsesoul I have my mom working on decluttering her Christmas there is just way too much of it that she no longer uses. Time for it to go.

I got alot of organizing done in the basement last night. As soon as I get some coffee in me I think I am going to head back down there to see how much more I can get done today. I do know two more bags of garbage are ready to get out of there

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had DD declutter her PJs since mine are done now.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I moved out some soup labels, bag of plastic lids and also a bag of old ink cartridges. Not much but 3 things out of the house. Ryan took them to his friends son for school---hope they are still collecting them or they will be back!

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
5 boxes (books, home decor, clothing and games) have made their way to the donation drop off this weekend!

Some were a little hard for me to give away, not that I had the space for them or any true need - just the memory. Took a picture, added a note in my journal, and packed them out the door.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Only 5 bags of garbage went out from the basement but that means I am getting things done faster since now alot is just organizing. In the basement there are basically 4 rooms I have one completely cleaned and organized although I am working on it as a whole. Today I am hoping to have the laundry room completely cleaned and organized then back to the big open part to organize somemmore

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am continuing to get little things out the door but at the same time am bringing stuff in with the Christmas shopping.

I now think I will wait until the new year to do much more although I am hoping to put up the tree this weekend and may declutter as I go.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I took two bags of items to Goodwill this afternoon and have started filling another bag.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
5 bags going to garbage next week just from the laundry room today. Did not get it finished today but seeing that it is 10 pm I needed a shower and get things ready for me and kids for tomorrow 4 am will come soon enough to head to work

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will try and sit down at some stage when I get a quiet moment and make notes in my planner for decluttering and tidying up in the new year.
Although I decluttered a lot a few weeks ago when we moved, there is still a lot that I need to sort through.
I get very excited about the new year and getting a fresh start.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
About 15 bags went to garbage today from basement. I have not worked on it since Thursday night so I think that later today I am going to head back down there after digging out from last nights snow.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WTG KimD!!
I'll do some after January 2nd.. will have a week off and that'll be the time to do it

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sat down last night with my planner and have devised a cleaning/decluttering schedule for January and February.
Will try and get things off to a great start at the beginning of the year and then try and keep on top of things.
Looking forward to getting started.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
.Worked on basement for the first time in what seemed to be forever. About 20 more bags went to garbage for this morning's pick up. Heading back down there just turned on heaters so it would warm up a little. Hoping to finish up organizing the laundry room and big part then just on to the furnace room to finish it up which there is a ton of stuff in there. But I am also working on some Christmas gifts that I need to get done while I am down there inbetween cleaning

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
KimD you are doing great!

I threw away 3 vhs cassettes yesterday and dh got a few small things out of the basement. After Christmas we need to work on the basement too

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
KimD, keep going!!
You are doing an amazing job with your basement.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I sorted out my Christmas wrapping plastic tote. And I now have one plastic tote with gifts that I did not use from the gift closet. I'll let LC1 see what she wants then the rest will head to Goodwill.