December Magical Moment #17 Stars

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
December Magical Moment #17 Stars

I love the glittering twinkling beauty of stars. People often use them as tree toppers. We have an angel on top of our tree but we have a lot of gold star ornaments. Stars are symbols of the birth of Christ. The use of stars at Christmas represents the star that led the wisemen to visit the Christ child. Okay let's not even get into a discussion about how it took them forever to get there and He wasn't even a babe in a manger anymore when they arrived!!! Stars remind me of BELIEVING.....believing that love, hope, faith, and charity do exist. That something GREAT happened at Christmas and that it will happen again. That a twinkling star in the sky doesn't appear by magic but by design. and that each of us has a purpose too. That even on the darkest night, somewhere a star is shining, perhaps hidden but there none the less. That each of us can be stars too, not in Hollywood, but in our own family, neighborhood, and communities. Stars that shine brightly with love, hope, faith, and charity, holding the JOY of Christmas close every day of the year.

What does a star mean to you? In what ways are you a shining star for family and friends?

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I like to decorate my tree differently each year. This year I combed thru my ornament bins and decided to decorate my tree entirely with stars and crosses. The stars and crosses happened to be mostly gold. I had most;y stars and filled in with crosses. I even put 4 big 12 inch across wire stars I had on the tree to make an impact instead of pick bouquets I normal use. It turned out lovely and every time I look at I think this is a "believing" tree this year. It has a reverent, holy feeling and I think it is simply from the symbolism of the two items.

Even not at holiday time- whenever I look out at a night sky filled with stars I feel awed.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
When we go to the farm at night, I love to look into the night sky and see the magnificent stars that God created. What is so amazing is that He knows the name of each one of them, and placed them there, perfectly aligned to lead weary travelers since the beginning of time.

I have a tree in the kitchen with silver glittered stars on it, and in the boys' bathroom a mini tree with only gold stars. I do love the stars and crosses idea. I may borrow that next year!

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I had not read this thread before I went to work yesterday. I had been eyeing three red 3 dimenional stars. I finally got three of them and placed them in my bedroom windows. They are glittery and look like wire.
I am a nature gal and love looking at the stars on a clear night. At Christmas time they remind me of the sar that shown in the sky. :globe:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
About 10 years ago, I found a set of four white china plates decorated with gold stars and swirls at an after-Christmas sale. That started my whole 'golden stars' theme, which now encompasses my living room tree, my dining room and my family room Christmas decor. Over the years I've added to the china by finding more white dishes on sale with gold swirls and stars, tying them together more by setting them on gold chargers. This year, I found 'barn star' type stars on three different heights of stands which I spray painted antique gold and have around my nativity set and on my dining room hutch.
I LOVE the symbolism of the Christmas Star, pointing the way to face to face contact with Jesus, the Morning Star.