December Magical Moment #19 Christmas Treasures

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
December Magical Moment #19 Christmas Treasures

Ahhhh...what are the Treasures of Christmas? The gifts, the scrumptious meals, dozens of cookies, ribbons and bows? No. The true treasures are the smiling delight on a child's face, the laughter, family and friends, the cozy feeling of sipping hot chocolate, snuggling under a blanket looking at the twinkling tree, the bells at church on Christmas morning, the feeling you get one you mark off the last item on your "to do" list. Treasures are what you make them and each person's may be a little different. It doesn't matter but the first step is to recognize your own treasures and the second step is to make those happen in your life, not just at Christmas time but all year long.

What are your treasures? How do you work toward making them a part of your life?

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
MY Christmas treasures:
A house full of family
Taking a family walk around the neighborhood after Christmas dinner
Making sure all the little cousins/second cousins/first cousins once removed. . . get to play together, making memories!
The memories evoked when the tree decoration boxes are opened. I have ornaments from my first Christmas(45 years ago) and my parents' first Christmas as a married couple from 60 years ago!
The laughter and camaraderie that my 6 girlfriends from gradeschool and I still share when we get together every December for our cookie exchange.
Baking cookies from handwritten recipes of my Mom's.

Oh, now I'm getting all nostalgic all over my keyboard! I LOVE Christmas!