December Magical Moment # 4 Christmas Journaling

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
December Magical Moment #4 Christmas Journaling

I'm off on a new adventure this year. Creating a daily Christmas journal. I got the idea over at musemecca.com to sign up for a class with shimme laine. There is a small cost to the class so I am counting it as my gift to myself. It is helping me maintain my focus on relationships with family and friends, as well as, spiritual and personal growth. We did some pre-prep to our journals in November and now in December we get a daily prompt and ideas for an entry. The journal can be as simple or as complex as you wish. Some people do not get through every day. That's okay because even after the class the info is available. And once you sign up for the class, you can take it every year without an additional charge. I'll be sharing some of my pages with you over at Magical Creative Spirit, so you will get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

What better way to chronicle the best time of the year than with a Christmas Journal. Another thing I do is keep a special Christmas Jounral out for family and friends to write in when they come to our parties during the holiday season. Some have to be prodded a bit but I usually get a few good entires. I love looking back at each years entries and they are great conversation starters at our dinner parties and other holiday gatherings. If you are not a "big" writer, consider getting a premade journal with starter questions and spots to record basic information. Gooseberry Patch and Susan Branch both have some cute ones. The Susan Branch one I have has spots for five years!

Do you keep a Christmas Journal? Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
I am interested in the site you mentioned musemecca.com but when I try it I get an error page-could you help me-Thanks WOMAN

:bigsnow: :bigsnow: :bigsnow:

That sounds so wonderful and totally something I would do.

Now...to find an appropriate journal!!

Thanks for the great ideas!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love the idea of a Christmas journal. This might be a good family activity to slow down a hectic season -- pass out paper and have everyone jot down thoughts of the season. Signed and dated, and added to a notebook every year, it would make a great keepsake! Think I'll try that on our Christmas Eve Eve party.

Even just the notes I've jotted from OC (debriefing notes) have served me well to remember parties and holidays past.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Sorry Debbi for the confusion.....I got the idea for the classes over at musesmecca but Magical Creative Spirit is a new blog here....I just haven't got it up and running yet...and honestly...I won't be able to until after Christmas...would love to do an article on some of your creative stuff there too...let me know if you have something I can feature.

http://magicalholidayhome.com/creative/