December Movie Time!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
This is probably my favorite Christmas movie of all time. I always put it on when decorating the tree.

I have a special memory of watching this at my parent's house long ago, and my dad was in a wheelchair because he had a stroke. The part when the General comes down the stairs and all the troops are there, I can still see my dad who had rolled into the living room to watch and started crying at that part. My dad was in the Navy and I think it struck a chord in him being a retired military person.

Anyway, I cry every time I watch that movie at the same spot, even just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, lol.

This is my kids' favorite movie too. I tried to get my older sister to watch it and she is just not an old movie person. So weird, lol.

So yes, I will definitely be watching this movie very soon, and I'm sure I'll watch it more than once!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Don't remember watching that movie,... think I'm missing something!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DH

I think it's cute that my DH doesn't like musicals ... but THIS one he must watch every Christmas ... singing and dancing and all!!! And .... our DVD version is his we gave him one Christmas for a present! Before that, he had the VHS version! HA
:fireplace:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
White Christmas

Will you have a White Christmas?

We won't! LOL

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
jampss - Too funny about your DH! Same story with mine. Not only does he not like musicals, but he doesn't usually like "old" movies either.

White Christmas was an exception I didn't even have to win him over on - he already knew and loved it. :)

It is one of the few Christmas movies I was able to watch growing up and I love it!

If anyone hasn't seen this one yet, they are in for a lovely treat when they do!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
It looks like we may have a white Christmas. We're expecting some snow to come starting some time this weekend. Funny you wouldn't think so as the weather here has been hitting 50+ on some days.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
No white Christmas here but I LOVE this movie, it's a favorite of mine. I like Holiday Inn as well. No matter how often I watch this movie I always tear up at the part with the General.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My DH loves this movie.

Snow, yes we do have some - BUT we are expecting a big rain on Christmas Eve and a warming trend :( I am not a happy elf!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
No white Christmas here but I LOVE this movie, it's a favorite of mine. I like Holiday Inn as well. No matter how often I watch this movie I always tear up at the part with the General.
I know, me too!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I bought it on BluRay this year, so I will be watching it sometime soon. I still have it on my to do list to watch Holiday Inn. Been saying that for 2 years and haven't watched it yet. I'm so curious about the differences.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Christmas Movies

Hmmmm ... there were some of my favorites I actually didn't get around to this year. Bummer. Well, not quite ... perhaps they'll make the Rudy Day movie of the month, eh?!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You are right...I tell me self all the time in December, this is why I allow myself to enjoy Chrisatms year around. Because of all the things I don't get around to.