Declutter Club: Jan 15-21st 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's the list for Week Three:

[X] Dance in your livingroom

[X] Get rid of hair dodads you never use (Don't really have hair stuff so cleaned out jewelry)

[X] Toss expired skin care

[ ] Get rid of expired medications

[X] Go through one bathroom drawer or shelf

[ ] Go through one bathroom drawer or shelf

Good Luck everyone.....let's continue this delcutter adventure!!

:clothes:

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This will be an easy week for me. I've done the BR drawers since I needed to make room for DD. I need to do under the sink. I want to make her a basket with her extra shampoos and things. It needs to be easy for her to find.

I'll sort the Guest basket I have too. I have all kinds of samples of things for guests to use in case they need something. I put it out so they do not have to ask for items.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Easy week for me too. Did this the week before Christmas downstairs and a few months ago upstairs. I'll still redo upstairs but it should go quickly.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
[X] Dance in your livingroom (I do this everyday lol!)

[X] Get rid of hair dodads you never use

[ ] Toss expired skin care

This should be an easy week for me too. If I get a chance, I'll go back and catch up with last week's tasks - just the two under bed ones. If I don't though... no big deal!

Last edited:

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I am so ready to accomplish these things this week.

[x]Dance in your livingroom

[x] Get rid of hair dodads you never use

[x] Toss expired skin care

[x] Get rid of expired medications

[x]Go through one bathroom drawer or shelf

[x] Go through one bathroom drawer or shelf

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
[ ] Dance in your livingroom

[ X] Get rid of hair dodads you never use

[X] Toss expired skin care

[X]Go through one bathroom drawer or shelf

good week for me. Not much expired stuff lest I tossed them a while ago but I will double check and the shleves all need some work. Hair goodies also.

Last edited:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
[x ] Dance in your livingroom

[x] Get rid of hair dodads you never use

[x ] Toss expired skin care

[x] Go through one bathroom drawer or shelf

Been a slacker last 2 weeks, but getting back on track this week! I Like this list--because I just cleaned out what little skin care I use-lol and my DD has all my hair dodads, so I will start ahead for once..

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Gingerbug that's funny you should say that as I was dancing in my livingroom today. I do it quite a lot actually. lol

This week is an easy week for me as well. My bathroom is small and I had organized the cabinet over the toilet and medicine cabinets a couple weeks ago. I got rid of a lot of comestics that were old or no longer used. I had stocked my medicine cabinet in preparation for the cold months.

I also have a clear plastic shoe holder (24 pocket) hanging on the back of my bathroom door which holds my deodorant, extra toothbrushes & toothpaste, manicure kits, body wash, soap, etc.

As for the hair products. I keep everything in one of those plastic three drawer chests in my bedroom closet. One drawer hold all my hair rollers (I have a lot: all different sizes), one holds shampoos, conditioner, mouse, etc. and the third drawer hold curling and flat irons, hair bands, things like that.

Last edited:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
YAY! I've sorted out both shelves in the ensuite!

Now... before I starting throwing out expired skin care... ummm... how do I know if skincare and make up is expired? Obviously I won't be trusting any eye make up that I know is a few years old (risk of eye infections etc), but with blush, body lotion, hair serums etc... how can you tell? Most doesn't seem to have a use by date.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I check for expiration dates if they have them. Otherwise I go if it looks dried out or if I know I have had it for a long time.

I heard though that makeup should be replaced after 3 months, but after the money spent, it hard to throw it out after three months and you still use it.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Fair enough - I was thinking along the same lines... maybe if it smelled funny, or if I could remember using it before my almost four year old daughter!

I don't know about replacing make up every three months - I'd barely have used it!! :)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Here's the list for Week Three:

[ ] Dance in your livingroom

[ ] Get rid of hair dodads you never use (Don't really have hair stuff so cleaned out jewelry)

[ ] Toss expired skin care

Since we're still fresh in the restart of our home I have none of these to do. I'm trying to stay ahead of the clutter. However, I love reading the thread as it reminds me to keep an eye out.

And I also pick up great tips. Aggy I love the way you've organized your bathroom storage.

Sarah I'm also interested in the answer to your question.

Ginger DGD LOVES to dance..I will get her to help motivate me with that one. Any kind of movement is good!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Emptied out under the sink in master bath and boys bath. It needed it. In mine I have a lot of half used bottles of shampoo and conditioners so I combined them. Much more organized under there