Decluttering Pays Off

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
WOW....decluttering really does pay off....yoohoo!

Today I found a 100 dollar gift card to Home Depot....in a stack of papers and folders I was decluttering in the basement!!! ....yoohoo!!

I am ashamed to say it was a rebate on something we bought and got the rebate in Fall of 2007....BUT when I looked it up on the internet the card is still worth 100 dollars. I thought the card had accidentally gotten thrown away!

There is a small message at the bottom of the page it was still attached to saying that Home Depot gift cards have no expiration date....so that must be so.

I am wanting to buy a small freezer so this card will REALLY help with that!!

Let's use this thread to post things we find during deluttering that "pay off" or other ways it pays off for you....THAT should keep us motivated!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Good for you Ginger!
Me it paid off by rolling my change... $296

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Awesome find Ginger and Lucie!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Keep looking! No telling what else you might find.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
yeah!! AWESOME!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Super!

Debbie

catnipper

Retire Member
Jul 25, 2008
I was going through my mom's boxes of "pictures" and realized there was more than pictures in there. I found a telegram my mom received on her wedding day(!!) and a contract my dad and granddad signed with the local newspaper, so Dad could be a paperboy! Both of these items have an address printed on them of homes I have only heard about in the family. Now I can go see them.

With all that, who needs ancestry.com?? I have it right here

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
catnipper,
What a fantastic historical find for you and future generations. Be sure to scan them in case they start to fade or get lost. Copies of them framed would make nice Christmas gifts to family members.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I was going through my mom's boxes of "pictures" and realized there was more than pictures in there. I found a telegram my mom received on her wedding day(!!) and a contract my dad and granddad signed with the local newspaper, so Dad could be a paperboy! Both of these items have an address printed on them of homes I have only heard about in the family. Now I can go see them.

With all that, who needs ancestry.com?? I have it right here

Very, very cool!! Treasures for sure!