Decorating for spring!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
It is such a nice day here and I am bringing spring into our home today. I'm changing my dining room- dishes, accessories and putting out a pretty spring table cloth. I'm going to change the wreath in the sun room to my spring and summer wreath. Also I have some lighter scented candles. Even the mailbox cover is going spring! I love the winter time but now that it's a little warmer here today I realize I am so ready for spring!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i feel the same way. i brought out some spring items also. i changed my flag with snoopy and flowers on it. i put out a couple bunnies on the table.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
yes, SPRING IS GETTING CLOSER....... I cleaned out a few of my flower beds, trying to burn out the poison ivy, and I changed out the old garden fence, as I have to replace with new.... I put up a pole to hang bird feeders on, and its done....I staked off my new garden ground.....lol I am waiting for hubby to dics & plow, as its' new ground (just bulldozed 3 acres last fall..).. so now I am on a roll.....lol
Happy the sun is shining...
DawnSu

Belles

Retire Member
I changed out my dishes this week and deocrated my Easter Tree. I just wish I were a yard person because I do love flowers, but when it comes to warm weather, I stay in doors. Have a horrible phobia of snakes, and have trouble just walking to our mailbox in the spring and summer. It's not so bad if someone is with me, or things are real wide open, can be disabeling at times.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm glad spring is almost here. I am ready to take down the dark, heavy curtains and put away the heavy throws and comforters, open all the windows and just let in some natural light and fresh air. I wait for the mornings when I can go out on my balcony and watch the sun rise- so peaceful.

I don't really do much decorating for spring anymore, however I would really like to bring in some fresh flowers. I do believe the blooms are going to be very beautiful this year with the winter we've had.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
We also are experiencing spring like weather. Crocuses have been up for several days but refused to open until basking in sunshine which we finally have had this week. Daffodils and tulips are up and teasing with their full developing blossom heads as well. Yesterday I started removing some of the winterizing layers that have kept us warm for the past few months. It was refreshing to have a flow of fresh air.

Now I am definitely ready to decorate for Easter. Since my sons are grown I only decorate the top of a small bookshelf in our hallway. I usually display my childhood Easter basket along with some very old seasonal figurines. If I don't have time to do this tomorrow it is on my to-do list for Saturday.

Charlotte

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I hope to do some this weekend.. Take down the velvet drapes and put up my linen ones.. I have Easter stuff to put out and cant wait to keep the windows open and turn off the furnace... I also need to change out our bedding from a dark heavy quilt to a lighter springier one.... Now if I could shed about 60 pounds off of me.. I would be in HEAVEN !!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
The frosted/ice looking wreath on the front door looked strangely out of place the other day when temps were nearing 70 degrees so I took it down. I don't have anything to replace it with so for now I'll wait. I doubt we'll put out anything Easter this year as we don't have any where to put it until we get organized. I am really looking forward to opening all the windows! And, DH said we could put a screen door on the back door so I'm looking forward to alot of fresh air from that.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I hope to do some this weekend.. Take down the velvet drapes and put up my linen ones.. I have Easter stuff to put out and cant wait to keep the windows open and turn off the furnace... I also need to change out our bedding from a dark heavy quilt to a lighter springier one.... Now if I could shed about 60 pounds off of me.. I would be in HEAVEN !!!

Dakotasmamaw I feel you on losing the pounds. I'm trying to lay of the sugary stuff. It's been tough let me tell you.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Oh, Belles! I hear you! I'm terrified of snakes, too, and I'm in East TN -- we've probably seen the same snakes!! I love to plant flowers, but I don't work in them unless my husband is here, and preferably outside with me! When I walk in the back yard, my eyes hardly ever leave the ground -- they kind of sweep from side-to-side and in front of me. you're right -- it is debilitating, but I don't even want to think about what you have to go through to cure it!!