Decorating Trends for Christmas 2009

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Oh, yes, Christmas Rose, I absolutely do think so!! I'm sure you read this on Hamlet, but a circle of scrapbook paper or card stock will sturdy that wrapping paper cone up nicely. It sounds sooo cute...be sure to post some pictures..do you have a blog or a photo sharing site? I can't wait to see them. I'm planning on working on gold glittered cones and red glittered cones (for gifts, with homemade fudge tucked into them) tomorrow. Whoo hoo...Sparklenana, I know you'll find plenty to glitter, just like I do!! After all, you ARE "Sparklenana", right??

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I have been hitting the stores regular for the last 2 months and have seen some pretty wild color ornaments Orange, black, pea green, turquoise, magenta, and all shades for fall, browns, harvest golds, you name it it's out there!
Their all mixed in with the traditional colors.
check Walmart's and Dollar General, and Micheal's

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I see a lot of trendy colours still for sale in my area - but I do see a great need/ expectation for the traditional too!

When times are uncertain it is comforting to think of 'good times', nostalgia.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I think the new colours certainly have the "wow" factor but I tend to end up buying the more traditional decorations. When I'm surrounded by my decorations and I have that warm,fuzzy feeling it feels like an inner hug,if that makes sense!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I am not a fan of trend decorating, and prefer my keepsake and heirloom ornaments over the stylistic ones that pop up every year. I do buy myself new pieces, but I don't have a different theme for my tree each year. That said, my husband and I will each have our own trees, only because we have very different ornament styles and conmingled, they look cluttered and overpowering. I will have a 7 ft with white lights and angels and ballerinas, and he will have a 6.5 ft with colored lights and deer/reindeer/rustic/hobby ornaments in another room.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Miss Britany -- what a GREAT way to solve things! I am very impressed hat your husband really cares about decorations for the tree! And it is very cool that he will decorate a tree himself! And -- I think it makes the house exciting to have trees with different styles!

Wrapped gifts are piling up in the living room. My family thinks I am really pushing it too much if I put the tree up before Thanksgiving! So -- I won't put it up until Thanksgiving dinner is over -- and people have dispersed to their Thanksgiving evening amusements!

Today, I picked up the dgs at school. And they were talking about Christmas in the car. How many days until Christmas. Christmas celebrations from past years. Whether they liked Christmas morning or Christmas afternoon more. AND -- gifts they had chosen, while shopping for their parents and baby brother, that were very successful presents.