Dessert - Cookies and Ice Cream

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been serving a nice dessert this season. I buy a rich vanilla ice cream and serve it in a small stemmed goblet placed on a Christmas plate. I offer flavored liquors to pour over the ice cream. So far we have had Baileys Irish Cream and a Hazelnut Kaluah. These can be purchased in the small sample-size bottles, so you don't have to buy a large bottle. I think I'll add a peppermint schnaps if I can find the small bottle. I then pass a plate of various Christmas cookies. This dessert seems to go over well after a large meal. It doesn't seem too heavy. It's simple yet festive.

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
DJ that sounds so good! Really, that could work year round as a dessert, like an adult sundae bar.

You know, Godiva makes a lovely chocolate liquoer that would make an excellent ice cream topping.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love these Adult sundaes! I often order these when I go out to eat. I order a dish of vanilla ice cream and a shot of something yummy for the top. Usually the other people who are eating a slice of cake decide my sundae is better.

When you're at the Liquor store ask what else they have that might be good on ice cream.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Godiva Chocolate - yum!!!

Another topping I really like on plain vanilla ice cream is "raspberry sauce". I just use a can of raspberry pie filling. This is beautifully colorful for Christmas and perfect if you don't want to use alcohol - and chocolate and raspberry together is one of my all-time favorite dessert flavors!

I checked our liquor supply and discovered that we already have some peppermint schnaps in a large bottle. I'll have to go buy two (or more) tubs of ice cream at Costco!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
That sounds really good. I have used the flavored coffee syrups over ice cream-you can get many flavors, including Irish Creme, peppermint schnapps and other liquor flavors. You can even get sugar free, if that is an issue, so that everyone can enjoy the taste.

I think I have a bottle of Baileys in the cabinet...might have to run out for a tub of vanilla later today!